We need a Burnout Game!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by natedogg213, May 29, 2011.

1. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    I was sorting through my old Xbox games today and came across Burnout 3, an absolutely awesome racer/crasher from back in the day. It made me realize that Criterion Studios hasn't developed any iOS games yet.

A Burnout Game would really translate well to the iphone/touch. I could just imagine how fun Road Rage would be and of course the classic crash mode, tilting your way through destruction. EA, Criterion - c'mon, make it happen!!

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

YES, you have good taste! Would love to see a port as I loved the game back when I played it on the game cube.

3. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I actually have a working - though only partially built - Burnout type game on my iPhone. I spent a few months designing it before deciding it was too large a project at the time. Maybe I'll get back to it someday.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    A lot of multi-platform, or so-called "console developers" haven't gotten into iOS development yet, and, in all likelihood, they never will. Burnout for the iOS will never happen. Gameloft could do a better job of cloning Burnout in a way that is more presentative of Burnout's core gameplay. Gameloft's Asphalt series has been around since long before the days of the appstore. It's really not a Burnout clone, although some people have tried to call it that.

Anyway, there's no reason to rehash over and over again why so many hardcore gaming developers are never going to adopt the iOS. Let's just say Criterion has bigger fish to fry and is chasing after much larger profits then anything that the appstore can possibly offer them. We'll leave it at that.

Gameloft someday making a true Burnout clone is the best hope you will ever have.

5. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Considering EA's push into the iOS market, I don't see why this would be unrealistic. Even if Criterion didn't initiate it, if EA approaches them and says they're interested in publishing an iphone edition of a game, I find it highly unlikely that Criterion would turn it down. Hopefully, it will happen, because gamers would eat it up. It would top my wish list, that's for sure.

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I heard that Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, is the closest thing to Burnout on the iOS.
    Alternatively you could go buy an older PSP and get the 2(?) Burnout games that were developed for that. (had one of them and it was amazing)

So until Gameloft or EA releases Burnout you could go with the PSP (although it's somewhat expensive)

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Eh no. I'm a huge fan of Burnout (not series, just the trademark) and I can personally tell you that it's 'close', but definitely not Burnout. Would certainly love to see a licensed Burnout title though.

And yeah get PSP if you are desperate for Burnout on-the-go (skip the horrible DS version). If love Burnout in general then buy BURNOUT PARADISE Ultimate Box. No arguments accepted.

8. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Well, I can offer you some words of encouragement to start again!?

9. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Yeah, im not too sure about NFS HP being close to Burnout. Fast Five is probably the closest thing right now, (if you're a burnout fan, you should get it)

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I've been jonesing for a Burnout game on the IOS for a long time! We'd all love to see that! Also a really well-made demolition derby in an arena setting with great collision detection with parts flying off realistically and a good sense of speed! The wait goes on....... :(

11. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    There are two Burnout games for the PSP. Both are good and both are cheap. Not iOS cheap, granted. But PSP cheap. You get them for less than $20, for sure.

12. natedogg213

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll remain hopeful that they bring it to the iphone/touch in the near future. Anyways, my PSP is currently packed away, collecting dust.

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Me too! Got rid of my PS2 and 3, XBOX, DS, PSP, and Wii. I'm an older dude, and my gaming will be exclusively on my trusty little ipod touch from now on in the foreseeable future. It'll happen eventually.