Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Regarding FFVII :
    No, no, please god no remake of that classic.
    A port of the PC remastered version with improved touch controls is fine. A Remake, hell no.

Regarding FFVI :
    Has there been an update to the game to correct the input <-> movement delay ?
    It's the kind of things that just prevents me from buying the game, I just can't stand delay in commands :(

2. cheehoG

cheehoG Member

Jul 12, 2013
    any way to solve the crashing issue?

3. Thumpermat

Thumpermat Active Member

May 4, 2009
    As you are not very far in the game, try first to restart the game and delete the current save file (which might be faulty).

And if this still doesn't work, I'd suggest that you delete the app and download it again. (I guess that you did try an iPhone/iPad reset beforehand).

It happens sometimes that an app doesn't install properly.

4. Thumpermat

Thumpermat Active Member

May 4, 2009
    It's not a movement delay, it is how some people interpret the virtual control. For instance, in order to walk to the right, instead of touching the virtual pad on the right arrow, you "slide" your thumb towards the right and the movement is immediate.

But if you're touching the pad as if it was an external controller, then you would have the delay.

Hope this helps.

5. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Hmmm it seems that after the update some of my bestiary entries are missing! Like, Dobermans, that are only able to be fought during one specific scenario are gone from my list now, and I know for a fact that I made sure I killed one before that scene ended. Now it's not there.

The update states that it changed the bestiary a little. I wonder if that is why. I hope so because I wanna get all of Gau's Rages! Or at the very least complete the bestiary!

6. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Yes, I actually noticed that there are quite a few that don't show up! I just started the game recently and I made sure to kill the Dobermans. It didn't show up in Bestiary but I was able to fight them in the Veldt. Took a while though.

7. iamgort

iamgort New Member

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm trying to figure out some achievements I"m missing in gamecenter. One is hidden (beneat Terra's Truth), A Chance in a Pinch, The Road to Esper World (maybe I can't get it because I took the sword instead of Ragnarok?), and "Defeat the most powerful enemy." The last one is odd because I have beaten everything, soul shrine, dragon's den, and kefka.

8. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The Road to Esper Achievement

Hi all! Does anyone know if you can get The Road to Esper achievement if you choose the Ragnarok sword instead of the Ragnarok magicite?

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I can't seem to have the magicite that is for Auction in Jidoor.. Only golem was being auctioned with Hero's Ring and Airship something

10. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    How does soundtrack mode work? Can I listen to it with my phone locked and will it advance to the next track and stuff? If not, it seems a little useless sadly...

11. akrose858

akrose858 Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Does FFVI work with IOS8? I know some of the other SE games had problems with this...

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yep, works fine in my iPhone 6 plus and my iPad 4

13. akrose858

akrose858 Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Ok cool thanks. Chaos Rings just straight up stopped working after the update for me.

14. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    $10.99. Sale price or permanent price drop? I grabbed it either way. Probably won't play it for a while, but I've wanted to add it to my hoard.

15. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    Does this game drink battery like water for anyone else? I don't get why it should. Maybe my battery needs calibrating.

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Are there any known issues in this game that may still persist? (Saw a post about input lag and whatnots in earlier posts)

17. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    What's the deal with the iCloud support? Uploaded my save to iCloud on my phone, but it's not there to download when I run the game on my iPad. Sheesh. Just spent a ton of money on all the on-sale Final Fantasy. Would be nice if they actually worked properly.

18. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Noticed this was on sale and was wondering:
    - Does this have iCloud saves?
    - How are the pixelated graphics / sprites? Does it look clear/sharp or blurry overall?
    - Is it worth buying this on sale, or just playing it on an emulator/otherwise?

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't think it has iCloud saves. I think FF VI is the first FF that offered that.
    On my iPad 2 it looks great. A little more crisp than the DS game it was based on.
    And I'd recommend buying this instead of trying to emulate a DS game.

20. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    Any word on the iCloud save issues? My 5s and iPad each see cloud saves but not one to the other. It is really starting to drive me crazy.