Final Fantasy VI coming this winter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iANiMeX, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  2. Downloadablegod

Jan 31, 2011
    #222 Downloadablegod, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Good enough for me! Haha. Thanks for the news. Awesome iCloud as well!

3. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Why during the valentines!?

4. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Final Fantasy VI Takes The Serpent Trench To iOS On February 6

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/04/final-fantasy-vi-takes-serpent-trench-ios-february-6/#Z0B19esz9YLjElaT.99

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #225 Echoen, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    It better be universal.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I hope this is reliable. I almost just bought FFIV TAY to pass the time til this. Whew.

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    If I read correctly, yes, it is universal. SQEX has learned better not to go separate versions any more.

8. mkdms14

mkdms14 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Glad to here that we will finally get it but one has to ask whats next? Add universal support to Final Fantasy I&II. Add iphone 5 screen support to Final Fantasy I,II,& III. I would love to see a Final Fantasy VII, VIII, & IX but we know that won't happen anytime soon. I think its possible they just need to use memory a little better. Oh I know they could do go through and fix Chrono Trigger. Its practically broken with no universal support or iphone 5 support.

9. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    I highly doubt SE would add major features in past titles. They are used to consoles where once a game has been released you move forward

10. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Hopefully they do for special titles like Chrono Trigger, perhaps after enough time has passed that enough of a new audience has been introduced to warrant refreshing the release.

Remaking for higher screen resolutions isn't a trivial thing to do, however, as some people imply. Especially if it involves adjusting the actual game graphics. These old sprite-based games can't simply be remade for a different resolution like a text-based app can. Unless they're just adding decorative letter boxing or, worse, stretching the graphics. If Square Enix wants to continue releasing new tiles, or wants to remake things like FF VII, it probably isn't cost effective for them to constantly revisit previous releases in an effort to keep up with Apple and iOS (outside bug fixes and keeping things working—like the Chrono Trigger iPhone 5S issue). Conversely, it was very nice to see things like the Final Fantasy Tactics graphics upgrade.

11. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    i ask SE if they are going to update Chaos Rings(All), Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy(Tactics,III,II,I,), Secret of Mana to 4" display of our devices.

Check the screenshot of their reply. :mad:

Attached Files: