Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Yep its sad. I just recently sold my ipod touch 4th gen 64 gig (didnt get much for it :( and bought an ipod 5.

To be fair the ipod touch was 2 years old but its still frustrating when theres more and more games you cant play on it.

I would recommend upgrading an ipod, an iphone is a different matter as you often get some high priced monthly costs for the phone or a huge one off price for the iphone 5.

But i'm glad i've got my new device, looking forward one week from today to play Ravensword II on it

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm curious as to why so many 4th Gen iPod owners don't just upgrade to an iPad or iPad mini instead of another iPod (especially if you primarily use it for gaming). I mean the costs are relatively the same, so that can't really be the issue. Is it size and portability? Personally, I used to do all of my gaming on my iPhone, but that all changed once I got my iPad 4. Now I rarely even fire up a game on my iPhone.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    On the towns - I believe technically there are 3, and then some scattered houses here and there in various areas. The biggest is Aven North, which is basically a big city with tons of shops, including a furniture shop, hat shop, weapon and armor shops, and various other things to buy. The two larger towns also have jails.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well i went from a 4th gen ipod 64 gig to a 5th gen 64 gig. Was a bit of a price difference as the ipod didnt sell for that much. Not interested in an ipad mini, i have an ipad 3 but i just prefer gaming on my ipod, much more portable, play anywhere i want, just prefer it.

Looks like i better explain to my wife why next thursday i'll be on my ipod playing this game all day long ;)

5. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Sad true, I give an example why: In USA iPhone 5 16GB is $199, in my country 16 490 Kč, this is $854...

6. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Roger that, and thanks for expressing your view on it. :) I can definitely understand the portability aspect. Heck, I used to be the same way, however, I found that I never really played deep games (like Ravensword 2) when I was out and about. I just never had the time to really get into a game while waiting in a line or for an appointment. But, hey, as long as it works for you that's what's important! Good luck with the wife! Mine's been pretty understanding during the beta test, but I was "working" so she usually didn't get irritated. :D

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yea same here. That's why I always buy it online and not from mobile stores. (its like 200€ cheaper that way). However I have absolutely no money at this moment...

I'd never buy an iPad or an iPad mini though. Main reason is, of course, portability. I have a computer for my gaming needs when I'm at home. And the phone for the road and home too. Don't get me wrong though... If I had money I'd buy both: iPhone and iPad (also a better PC).

8. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    Its not 199$, its 649$ because otherwise you pay for a monthly contract. Also its 2149TL = 1193$ in my country compared to yours :D

9. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    How big will the download and installation size be?

10. hardA TOEnail

hardA TOEnail Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Thank you Josh and all of the other developers that have put so much time and dedication into this game. It looks fantastic. I really appreciate you guys working so hard to create a game I can take with me anywhere that has this much polish.

Can't wait to play!

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Took the words right outta my mouth.

This is literally the best release month ever. GTA Vice City, MC4, RR3, Ravensword 2, Baldur's Gate (I'm getting it...after I finish with MC4 and Vice City and this :p) Oh and that Sky Gamblers game and the racing one (both of those I'm also getting once I find the time).

12. nunuvyurbiz

nunuvyurbiz Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Right, can't compare US price without factoring in the subsidy (and two year lock-in).

13. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA

I agree, but it seems like i feel the same way every December. Games just keep getting better and better.

Regarding Ravensword 2; I have been so excited for this game, for a while. Ravensword 1 was the sole reason i came over to iOS. I think that one of the reasons that this game has such a good feeling is because of Josh. He has been so involved with us in the forum that i kind of feel that we, as gamers, have a relationship with him that makes his games feel extra special.

14. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    There will be visual cuts on iPad 2, right?

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think it's only in terms of resolution and possibly bloom effects, but it and every A5+ device has realtime shadows. You might see less of a draw distance and framerate, but it should stay at 30 or above.

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Same here. Ive always been a huge mobile games lover (even before iOS and android). Then the PSP kicked in. I was planning on buying one, but then I luckily stumbled upon the Ravensword 1 video on YouTube. It hit me right away - I MUST HAVE THIS!. And now I'm more than happy that I got the iPhone instead of the PSP.

Thanks CM :)

17. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    well im glad you came to the iOS rpg world BUT...considering the 100 plus amazing rpgs on psp, i find that a pretty amazing statement.. and when i think of top ten lists like this taken over RS1......wow

#1: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    #2: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    #3: Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy
    #4: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
    #5: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
    #6: Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection
    #7: Ys Seven
    #8: Star Ocean: First Departure
    #9: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
    #10: The 3rd Birthday

not to mention the amount of hacks and tweaks that poor system has endured...

....but to stay on topic this looks like a amazing iOS RPG and i cant wait...I myself love all and every decent rpg?krpg on IOS and believe me...im definitely a addict of the ecosystem.....and no im not jailed

18. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I don't have the money to upgrade to an iPad, I would if I could-but the iPod 5 is decently powerful-A5 chip and 512mb ram,it's no iPhone 5 but it'll do for me,and portability is an issue for me-I bring this with me everywhere

19. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Some people like me just can't afford one