Terraria (By Re-logic and Codeglue)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I hope so too! I was wanting to try this game for a while. I finally tried a demo on my cousin's xbox then bought it for pc. Loved it so far and have been super excited about this version. I'm gonna be MAD if this isn't true because this is one I've been waiting for all summer!

2. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I'm assuming a release like this wouldn't be announced unless the title was 100% ready to go. But then again I don't know where 148 apps got their info? I'm guessing either the developer or the publisher, but who knows. I'm really looking forward to this one especially because the rest of this week's releases look lame.

3. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    I don't do the Facebook thing (ya I know…). I read somewhere that the devs have confirmed this Thursday as the release. Can anyone with FB check and report back? Thanks

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Ugh. I was really hoping to see the NZ thread for this. Maybe the comments about a WW release are correct, I guess I'll keep my excitement bottled til tomorrow

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I definitely did not like Terraria when I first got it on PC because I was playing it like Minecraft. The building is just too fiddly for my tastes. Once I got past building a base and some NPC houses and started running around like a madman leaving a trail of destruction in my wake... then I really started enjoying it.

Definitely picking this up, I'll be interested in seeing how well the touch UI ends up working out.

6. Ponycakes

Ponycakes Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 27, 2012
  7. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
  8. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Might get a few hours earlier than midnight due to time zones in US though. TA also seems to post the app links a few hours earlier than thurs. for new realeases so keep your eyes peeled ;)

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    @$5 this is a no brainer. I hope it plays well on the 4S and my kids ipod 4 devices.

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Unless they are launching with the XBLA version content I'm going to pass on this and wait for JJX instead.

11. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I intend on getting both. I never bothered with the 360 and pretty much all my gaming these days is on my iphone so it'll be a fresh gaming experience for me. :D

12. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    1st time playing the game was on xbox, fell in love with it. I'm assuming there wont be any IAP (could be wrong but doubt it), therefore $4.99 is a total bargain!

I'll be giving them my money for the 3rd time when the PSvita port hits.

13. dwx882

dwx882 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    In addition to facebook, 505 Games posted on their official site, http://terrariaonline.com that the launch date is aug 29, so either late tonight or tomorrow! Color me excited!

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Wasn't this supposed to come out tomorrow? There's no NZ thread yet. Weird...

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    At this point I assume that it is going to be a simulatanious international launch sometime tomorrow.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Has there been any word on how close to the PC version it'll be? That one is about to see a huge update that's taken over a year to complete, bumping up the number of items to over 1000 and I get a strange feeling we'll be seeing none of it on iOS.

17. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Hope that's not the case. Ill be grabbing junk jack x too... just in case

18. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah, got 3 other friends and I excited about the pc update. They take awhile for their updates, but they are always quality.

19. Rumand

Rumand Member

Feb 12, 2012
    "it's 1.1.2 with the additional features the console add, minus the map"

From the Terraria forums.