Apps that slipped into the AppStore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JustMeNow, May 20, 2013.

1. JustMeNow

JustMeNow Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    I think we should make a list of all the apps that have slipped into the AppStore that you usually need Cydia to get. If I missed some (I know I will) please add them as a reply.

Nescaline: NES Emulator. Pulled.

C64: C64 Emulator. Pulled, later restored.

iDOS: DOS Emulator. Pulled.

iMAME: M.A.M.E. Emulator. Pulled.

Gridlee: M.A.M.E. Emulator. Pulled.

Awesome Baby Names: GBA Emulator. Pulled.

* Slider Puzzle *: GB/GBC Emulator. Still There.

Display Recorder: Display recorder. Pulled.

DispRecorder: Display Recorder. Pulled.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Why aren't display recorders allowed? I wanted one to make you tube videos but I can't get one

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Handy Light: Flashlight app with hidden tethering, pulled.
    Camera+: Pulled because "using the + button to take pictures would confuse the UI" - pulled, later returned when Apple added the exact same feature to the stock Camera app.
    MyTube: A YouTube app that got pulled because it let you save videos. Exists as MXTube on Cydia, presumably could come back now that Apple's contract with Google has expired (and there are a number of YouTube download apps on the store now...)

4. JustMeNow

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    Or maybe not, I tried to unseen other apps to save videos but apparently, you can't because of Copyright issues.

More pulled apps.

Tris: Tetris "Emulator" (more of a knockoff). EA now has a licensed on on the AppStore. I have it, though.

5. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Use Reflector App for your computer to AirPlay mirror your device to the screen, you can record directly from the program too :)
    http://www.reflectorapp.com/

6. JustMeNow

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    Does this work on PC? (I'm saving up for a Mac but for now, Windows Vista is what I have.) it doesn't really matter to me, because I have DispRecorder but what about those other people that don't have it?

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've only used it on PC. Decent results, but there was a slight lag on my iPad which might make some games too difficult.

8. JustMeNow

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    Would Minecraft work well?