Marketing - Websites for Trailer

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by sfjohansson, Sep 5, 2015.

1. sfjohansson

sfjohansson Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Hi Guys,
    My first app has now been out for two weeks and I've started looking at further places to advertise the game, more specifically I was thinking of places to post the trailer.

So far I have it only posted on youtube, which I guess is at least a start. One thing that youtube doesn't have is the ability to update the video and keep the link which would be handy.

Then there is the aspect of trying to reach new audiences, any video sharing sites to recommend?

Stefan

2. JustinCarroll

JustinCarroll New Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Founder of Monastery
    Pennsylvania
    Hey Stefan! YouTube is the number one video site, so you're doing it right there. Agreed, keeping links would be nice, so ensure what you're releasing is final.

Beyond that there's a handful of places to post such as Twitch and Vimeo. The more the better technically, but really it's about engaging the community.

Wherever you post, make sure you're active on a regular basis. Otherwise, you're just posting a video and it's just collecting dust. :)

3. toledotoledo

toledotoledo New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Product Development, UX, UI
    Lisbon yo
    Hey Stefan, whats the game??

Have you tried checking with Video based ad networks, like RevMob? Do a search, you'll find a few which specialize in showing your video over interstitials within other apps or other platforms. These can cost like 0.1 to up to 2 dollars per video shown, depending on completion rate (35, 50, 100%) and to what countries you're sending your app to. This will be paid per video view, so you'll have to figure out your app user LTV.

I work for an ad network but we don't do video promotion, but I can help you out with guidance for other promotion if you'd like.

If you're not looking to do paid promotion, I figure best bet would be to approach bloggers, video bloggers and game journalists (all sizes) with a nice PR package, some goodies for them and try to get some write ups to present the video.

Cheers,
    Lucas

4. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    #4 sfjohansson, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Hi Justin,
    Thanks, one thing right at least... :)
    One has a limited time as a solo developer so it's probably a good idea to focus with some quality sites.
    How is it with Vimeo, I believe I read that they don't "allow" games..anymore?

5. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Hi Lucas, the game is called "Ace Maverick", it actually got reviewed here on TA the other day:http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/11/ace-maverick-review/

Short term I was looking more to do non paid promo as I read up more the subject as such. I heard that a lot of the promo methods works better for "freemium" games than paid premium games?