N.Y.Zombies 2 | Story, strategy, action, RPG elements, co-op and more

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    New Gameplay Trailer!

We're happy to announce the sequel to N.Y.Zombies, one of the first 3d zombie shooters to ever hit the App Store! I know there seems to be a huge influx of zombie shooters all of the sudden, but N.Y.Zombies has never been, and won't be "just another zombie shooter." We've got a ton of unique game-play in store, so check it out!

Features:

- up to 3 player CO-OP multiplayer!
    - Strategic game-play
    - RPG elements, including 30 skills and different skill paths
    - Fight hordes of zombies at once (up to 20-30!!)
    - Tons of atmosphere, with advanced lighting and graphics
    - Deep story with tons of collectable extras
    - Over 15 enemy types, each with unique behaviors and specific counters, from Tumor Zombies that resurrect fallen zombies, to Giants which hurl boulders at you, to a Plague Bearer zombie that summons hordes of giant mutant rats.
    - Interesting, recognizable locales: fight in cramped apartments, to a run down Time Square, to a harbor and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    YES!!!!!

I loved all the strategy aspects of the first one, such as choosing the right weapons, equipment etc. for each level. I think a co-op multiplayer mode would be awesome!

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Excellent. Looking forward to this.
    The first game, I thought just had great atmosphere.
    Sounds were good, music, lighting, they all just had a sense of foreboding that virtually no iOS game, other than Dead Space, has.

4. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    Can't wait

5. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Looking great, loved the first one

6. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    From the video I'm guessing we can walk around in this one?

7. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    hoping its freeroom this time around ,too much potential tbh

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Free movement too. Can't wait to play it!

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Forgot to say last time but the others got there.
    Free roam would be awesome. Or at least not on rails anyway.

10. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Hey jaime and team. You guys know im nyz biggest fan and to this day the game is still on my phone. Im so excited for this. Im so willing to beta test for you again. You can pm me if this is possible. I wish you guys all the best and i know this game is gonna rock. Thanks again guys.

11. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    #11 Fastbridge, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
    Soory for the second post but to anybody reading this, if you have never played nyz please do yourself a favor and pick it up. Its such a perfect ios game and its a game you should deff play and experience. I to vote for free roam and some kind of co-op multiplayer but I'm sure knowing these guys it will be amazing. Can't wait

12. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Strategic yet action-packed gameplay. Will this be another FPS, or will it be more of a squad-based shooter?

From the teaser it looked like there were three people fighting (two got owned by the car though). Either way, this one's definitely looking good so far.

13. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Loved the original, really excited about this sequel. I love the idea of deeper gameplay and am hopeful for free roam, too. :)

14. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    A survival zombie game with gameloft's FPS controlls would be a dream come true!

15. Infernal Machine

Infernal Machine New Member

May 12, 2012
    Beverly, MA
    I am looking forward to this. What made me love the first one was the storyline, and how your character developed through the game. It made the gaming experience more immersive...it seems like most zombie shooters are mindless, but this one has much more substance.

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We'll definitely keep everyone up to date on beta details. That's a ways away right now though :p

We'll give some more details soon ;)

We were really surprised by the reception we got for the story! Its awesome to know people DO care about those kinds of things :) We're going to try to elevate the story and atmosphere a good bit in NYZ 2...

Not to mention the old NYZ is so old it looks like dirt now :p (back then, the 3GS was the new kid on the block, so the game was designed for the iphone 3G). We're going to try to push the graphics quite a bit in this release!

17. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    I can't wait for the sequel I loved the story and unique gameplay for this zombie shooter. I'll be saving my money for this =o

18. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Any word on gameplay. Free roam? Please I'm dying here for some info;)

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We're not QUITE ready to dish out all the goods yet :p All I can say that while there will not be "free roam" in the traditional sense, there will be movement AND exploration ;) More details to come.

One of the big keys for us is that we stay true to the core of the original N.Y.Zombies, even after adding a ton of new features and game-play elements.

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yes YES!!! I'm extremely excited about this!!! Do you think it will run on 2nd gens? I don't want you to have to keep the graphics lower just for older devices either, though!