Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Gamer View Post
So basically you're allowing players the opportunity to play and try the full game for free now?
Not really. From the original version thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonPlunder View Post
Here's the difference between the RPG (free) and regular (paid) version:

- 2 classes (Warrior, Mage) vs 3
- Ads vs No Ads
- Lower legacy gold
- Performance IAPs (Runes, lifescrolls) vs None

It's a complete game and otherwise behaves like the paid version. These differences (besides the presence of performance IAPs) will go away once a mix of 3 classes and/or skin packs are bought.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

So basically it's a "Lite" version? That should probably still be placed in the original thread, appended to the first post as a lite with unlock. That way people can still see that their is a fully paid version available.

Great game btw, highly recommended.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
So basically it's a "Lite" version?
The same version I play on the "full game". I haven't purchased any IAPs, I always play with the warrior and I don't spend points to earn more coins during the battles (so I'm always lower on gold).

Anyway, I recommend to get the free version to try. If you like it, get the full one to support the developer.

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 05-23-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
So basically it's a "Lite" version? That should probably still be placed in the original thread, appended to the first post as a lite with unlock. That way people can still see that their is a fully paid version available.

Great game btw, highly recommended.
It's not really a lite either. I debated whether to create a thread for it, but I think it's probably okay though it will divide discussion so I dunno, whatever the moderators think. It's really a fairly novel idea. It's a free, ad-supported version with consumable IAP. Permanant IAPs can make the ads go away and enable all the content of the regular version, but consumable IAPs will always be there. So there's the original paid version for people who dislike freemium/paidmium stuff, and a free version that can act both as a lite for people who dislike consumables and as a freemium version.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
It's not really a lite either. I debated whether to create a thread for it, but I think it's probably okay though it will divide discussion so I dunno, whatever the moderators think. It's really a fairly novel idea. It's a free, ad-supported version with consumable IAP. Permanant IAPs can make the ads go away and enable all the content of the regular version, but consumable IAPs will always be there. So there's the original paid version for people who dislike freemium/paidmium stuff, and a free version that can act both as a lite for people who dislike consumables and as a freemium version.
You have it pretty much nailed on: I aimed to create a version of the game that, while free, still feels like a complete offering.

The game has been previously balanced as a 0 performance IAP one (although it's not easy to beat by any means) and you're getting that experience with this free version. If you unlock a mix of 3 classes/skin packs the game will stop displaying the occasional ads between fights but is not otherwise required to complete the game.

Kind of an experiment - will be interesting to see if this model works for my future titles.

I'd propose to have this thread merged with the existing one as it's still the same game outside of these small differences. It would be useful to have the title labeled as Free/Paid with both links inside the first post if at all possible so players can be aware of the new one.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Just submitted version 1.22 for the free version of Dungeon Plunder which fixes some interface glitches on the shop screen (doesn't affect the regular paid version).

1.23 will be submitted in roughly 2 weeks for both versions and will have new features. More about it as I get closer to release.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM

Ok, stupid question time. How exactly do you beat the game? I just killed Nicodemus and nothing happened? Please tell me I am overlooking something and this isn't a bug.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbear219 View Post
Ok, stupid question time. How exactly do you beat the game? I just killed Nicodemus and nothing happened? Please tell me I am overlooking something and this isn't a bug.
It could be but there's more to it. To avoid spoiler details send me an email at dungeonplunder@gmail.com and I'll followup with you shortly. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM

I finally beat the game with the ranger last night. Phew, what a run! I found some awesome artifacts and also got lucky with the life scrolls, having up to 7 (!!!) at one point and 4 left when I finished.

I am normally the kind of person that plays many different games, but not since I discovered Dungeon Plunder. I have kids that are constantly climbing the walls and it is the perfect game for my schedule. You can pick it up for literally just one minute and still accomplish something, or you can play it for hours at a time.

The dev is active on these forums and is a great source of information and support. Being that he is so active, it almost felt as if I was playing directly against him. After more than one death, I found myself shaking my fist and cursing his name, in a good way.

All in all, just a fantastic game. I am working on the warrior now, which is a pretty gritty class with high survivability which is an interesting contrast from the glass cannon approach I took with my ranger.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Finally got past level 5 with warrior, but now I'm afraid of every fight as I need to level up before next area and enemies are all very tough it's to crack .
Very intrigued with ranger class, think I will buy all skins after I get more experience with warrior class.