iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Hmm, I unlocked my Akuma with Easy Mode.... Beat the game with 3 rounds settings with every character and beat Akuma as well. You cannot lost a match and continue, then you will end up facing only Bison and not Akuma...

2. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah I did it on beginner. The correct info is in the OP these days, don't listen to page 100 instead ;).

3. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    ok, how bout regular throw?

what is the timing?

either <- +P or -> + P also can right?

and what is the best move after Ryu's Collarbone Breaker (<- + P )

4. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    Yea either forward or backward punch to throw, no real timing, just get next to your opponent and go for it. You could practice the distance in training mode.

After Ryu's <- + P, you could go for a low forward + hadouken. There's no real go to move after, it's kind of like free damage to catch opponents holding downback on wake up.

5. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I mean to tech a throw.

and it seems after collarbone breaker, ryu will back off by a little and after crouch punch it seems abit hard to connect the SRK?

6. You must input a throw command at about the same time you expect your opponent to throw you to tech it .

After collarbone breaker follow up with anything you want like harejordan mentioned . You could go up for a throw seeing that its quite close or just sweep .

7. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Will capcom add more fighters?When?I hope the next month at least 6 characters!

8. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    They added 6 characters to the original version in just over a year.

There are really only 7 more they could add from the original SFIV roster, although they have made the interface more SSFIVy so perhaps they have others in mind from there.

If you change 'month' to 'year' in your post, you might be in luck!

9. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    It's ridiculous how an iPod can handle SSF4 super smoothly, while a current-gen laptop with average specs can barely handle the PC version on ultra-low settings. Are graphics on PC that much better? No. It's frigging 38 character models (most of them with the same model) with like 10 slightly animated backgrounds ffs, and it's like 10GB in size (two times the size of a game like Elder Scrolls Oblivion lmao) and lags like hell unless you have a powerhouse gaming computer. Congrats to them for making this playable on iDevice but they seriously failed on optimizing the specs for PC version.
    Hopefully they port over all the good characters from SSF4: AE, then there would be no need to touch the PC version anymore.

10. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Laggy, you mean online or solo as well? My 2008 MBP is coping fine, maybe I just have lower expectations :). True, benchmark did say I should be on lower settings for online ><, as it trucked along at 25FPS. Think I'm one of the lucky ones that really doesn't notice much beyond that.

11. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    All I was saying was that it required ridiculously high specs for a ridiculously simple game. A bunch of 3D characters in a 2D stage with a small set of predetermined moves that takes up twice as much HD space and more graphics requirements than Oblivion? There's something seriously wrong here.
    My laptop, which has average specs, can run Resident Evil 5 on low-med settings perfectly smoothly. Yet it struggles to the extreme to run SSF4:AE on bare minimum settings.
    It's surprising how SF4 can even work on the iDevice.

12. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Hi all, just a small question. What is the achievement called "???" just below exorcise the demon? Conditions? I click on it and all i can see is ???... Thanks!

13. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Good points one and all, I did rather gasp at the download size, especially when I was thinking I'd be able to install and play in an evening rather than overnight. Not sure exactly what has bloated it out so much, perhaps there's some inefficient storage of what must be a hell of a lot of images in there somewhere. Having said that with all the effort they have gone to of following costume colours through cutscenes and such I was surprised to see them not carried through to the VS screen, I'm sure they used to do that.... There is also all the speech in at least two languages and what must amount to a good amount of video in all of that ... ahh yes movie folder = 2.75GB.

What is surprising me more at the moment though is how incredibly vocal the community is, people demanding refunds due to the controller issues. Capcom said they'd have a patch out Monday, and I was absolutely amazed they even suggested that, and yet people said it was too long - I just hope they realise that if they had instead delayed the release they still wouldn't have been able to play :).

14. MartiNZ

Mar 9, 2009
    Several pages back someone said they could see it using the dev release of iOS5 and it was to beat Akuma on gruelling.

Hmmm didn't someone then say they had done just that? Did the achieve activate, hmmm. Who was that....

15. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Just to update on my previous post. If you own the old sf IV as well, when you open it, it says "you seems to be playing sf IV volt as well..." and you will get...

A naked ryu... Lol... Topless I mean... But no changes to sf IV volt, no achievements. I really hope the "???" is NOT beating Akuma on grueling. Cannot imagine how he will crash me...

16. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    I'm not sure who the 2 people were, but I got the achievement after beating Akuma on Grueling difficulty.

As for how well SF4 performs on the idevices, it's because it's a 2d game and has no 3d models anywhere so it's not a lot for the device to handle.

17. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    O....M.....G...

My poor Zangief... *Sobs* :eek:

18. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    I just turtled him with Honda, worked out well enough.

19. rschultz13

rschultz13 New Member

Jul 12, 2011
    #1099 rschultz13, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    Anyone know who the other two characters are after you unlock Akuma?
    And how to unlock them?
    This thread is too long to search through.
    Thanks.

20. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    There isn't, it's just 2 random selection boxes.