Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 05-15-2014, 01:31 AM

I'm thinking of getting a samsung galaxy tab 10.1
Old 05-15-2014, 06:55 AM

Slightly off subject but Androids a bit like PC in that you can't always trust raw specs, they my be accurate but like PC developers will tend to target a median and not always make use of better equipped devices to full potential. I would say Apple have the upper hand there having a stable spec, but they've tended to fracture their own market themselves with constant iteration. Not always sensibly either, like when retina first came out and they didn't bother upping the memory, making a whole gen fairly pointless.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Deuce View Post
Like I said.... She plays limited games. Slot games and things like Bejeweled..... That is it. Once in a great while she might try a hidden object game, but then ends up deleting them.

I am not sure she will even need an SD card..... Her 8gb iPad has never been filled up.

Honestly, I probably will get a Galaxy Tab at some point, just for the larger screen, yet lower price. I love my mini, but I think it is both too small, yet too large. I watch a ton of videos on it while it sits on my night stand..... On any given day I wish it were bigger or smaller.
Yep get a Samsung. No point spending a lot of money on an ipad just for your wife to install a few apps (and bad ones at that

My wife got the latest iphone, a waste as she only has about 7 apps, just wanted the latest one (sigh), good news is i'll get that in the future though!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM

So, we have had it for a week. She loves the light weight of it. Seems pretty snappy surfing the web, and she is happy that most of her android phone apps work. The camera isn't great, but her iPad didn't have one. The resolution is ever so slightly better than her iPad. And she can play bejeweled and look at Facebook, so she is pretty happy. I got her a 32gb card, and a connection kit. Going to try mirroring this week.

All in all, a decent buy.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Deuce View Post
So, we have had it for a week. She loves the light weight of it. Seems pretty snappy surfing the web, and she is happy that most of her android phone apps work. The camera isn't great, but her iPad didn't have one. The resolution is ever so slightly better than her iPad. And she can play bejeweled and look at Facebook, so she is pretty happy. I got her a 32gb card, and a connection kit. Going to try mirroring this week.

All in all, a decent buy.
Get a sd card, and show her how to download youtube videos, she will love that maybe.