Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2014, 10:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Gave the game much more time tonight. Really this is a high quality auto running platformer. The Halloween themed content is really nice and fitting.

Gameplay wise my main complaints would be feeling like the game is too zoomed in and the character is too far ahead on the screen. It would be nice to see more game world to better plan ahead. Also, Since Sunt Gal is always slightly ahead of center (if going right she is right of center) it makes the playing field super small. So again planning ahead can be an issue because of the tiny field of view.

Still it's a lovely game and one any fan of the genre should get. Especially with the spooky themes content.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:26 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
Impressions as promised, after grabbing a code and playing 5-6 levels :
Music - that was the first thing, really great and actiony-feeling.
Graphics are good for the autorunner genre.
Controls - responsive, with options to switch the 2 buttons for left/right handed people
Gameplay - it's very very simple, kick obstacles/ ninjas / squirrels/ tnt/ and jump/ walljump to change directions. And here are my suggestions :

1) give us Unlockables! i'm one of those people who doesn't want to collect stars for the heck of it, i want to collect stuff to unlock more stuff and have different gameplay experience. Check out Mickey Boots, or Robot Unicorn Attack 2- both excellent autorunners, with a lot of unlockables. Make it costumes/ hats/ characters/ from the enemies and the level design, your creativity isn't lacking

2) stuntgal feels a bit.. weighty. maybe have an option for her to be lighter / faster? that could be coupled with the above, let us unlock items that add speed, weight, allow for different attacks etc.

Those are my suggestions and impressions. I consider it good manners to always post about a game after the developer hands me a promo code, and hope to contribute - to some extent- to a better gaming experience for us, and more success for the developer.
Thanks man, great suggestions - they'll definitely go on the list! The hardest thing with a game project is always knowing where to draw the line in terms of features though, you need enough to make the game interesting but not so many that it becomes un-achievable in the available time. Hopefully we've done enough here to make a few pennies and then we can come back to it with more features - perhaps in a Christmas update?!

Cheers

C
Old 10-19-2014, 04:31 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Gave the game much more time tonight. Really this is a high quality auto running platformer. The Halloween themed content is really nice and fitting.

Gameplay wise my main complaints would be feeling like the game is too zoomed in and the character is too far ahead on the screen. It would be nice to see more game world to better plan ahead. Also, Since Sunt Gal is always slightly ahead of center (if going right she is right of center) it makes the playing field super small. So again planning ahead can be an issue because of the tiny field of view.

Still it's a lovely game and one any fan of the genre should get. Especially with the spooky themes content.
Hiya, taking this in context for you last post - you kinda like it overall right? I do hope so.

With regard to the weight and zoom level - these things are intentional, we wanted to convey a sense of physicality to the game and have it just that little bit different to its peers.

Anway, really appreciate you both feeding back and, whilst I agree that it's a shame that there haven't been more, in this day and age I consider 20% as a result

Cheers

C
Old 10-22-2014, 07:09 AM

WooHooo! The BIG update is live including Halloween content and GameCenter

I'm more excited for this than today's new releases.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:13 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hah! Er... yeah - sorry, I am a bit slow with the news huh! Official launch is tomorrow and then Friday at MCM Comic Con in London but we quietly released earlier in order to make sure we made a Thursday release globally.

Really pleased to hear your excited - hope it lives up to the expectation! We also released the "Fricking Lasers" update for Stunt Guy 2.0 so feeling pretty chuffed with ourselves ATM!
Old 10-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskempt View Post
Hah! Er... yeah - sorry, I am a bit slow with the news huh! Official launch is tomorrow and then Friday at MCM Comic Con in London but we quietly released earlier in order to make sure we made a Thursday release globally.

Really pleased to hear your excited - hope it lives up to the expectation! We also released the "Fricking Lasers" update for Stunt Guy 2.0 so feeling pretty chuffed with ourselves ATM!
Well shoot. Was on the road when it showed up, now that I'm home it's disappeared. Still super-excited though
Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Ah, i guess it's making its way around apple's servers ATM - should be properly live within the next couple of hours - you're just too quick on the draw!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 8.x

Chris, of course, you as the dev know best the line between fetures and profit, i just made suggestions based on my gaming experience Thank you for listening, i'll be keeping my eye on our gal for a nice update! I firmly believe this stands above the trash flow of the runners on the appstore, and it could go even higher with more features! Cheers!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
Chris, of course, you as the dev know best the line between fetures and profit, i just made suggestions based on my gaming experience Thank you for listening, i'll be keeping my eye on our gal for a nice update! I firmly believe this stands above the trash flow of the runners on the appstore, and it could go even higher with more features! Cheers!
Thanks Ramzarules! Unfortunately at this point the only thing I can say for certain is that most of the time line between features and profit is at the zero mark We'd have to sell a lot to get into profit with this but if we can sell a few then we can justify further development which is just fine by me. I really like projects to evolve - particularly if we can have excellent feedback from people like you to help with the process!

Anyway - good to have it confirmed that it's not total crap hope to win you over further in future!