Do you think apple would accept a GTA game?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by danielkane, May 3, 2009.

1. danielkane

danielkane Member

Apr 29, 2009
    If GTA were to submit a game and it was as outrageous as the console versions do you think apple would allow it?

2. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Yea, cause of Payback and CJS

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    No. GTA CW has drug dealing, f bombs nonstop, and a guy cuts another guys heart out at one point =P

Just beat the story of GTA CW yesterday, I really wish it could make it to the iPod but I doubt it.

Anyone with a DS, go get it right now.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You never know, everyone completely dismissed GTA on the DS as an unbelievable rumor because it's Nintendo... The GTA series makes some serious cash, something any publicly traded company is interested in!

5. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I dunno lol. You can chainsaw people in half like in GoW lol

6. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea, that game is way too mature for the app store

7. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I'd say no if there were no double standards with Apple's approving process.

If Apple's smart though they'd let a big name developer make this game, they'd accept it, and they'd get the cheese.

8. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    Unless Rockstar releases a dumbed-down/cleaner version of GTA, which I doubt they will, it is hard to believe that Apple would allow it. But who knows, rumor goes that Apple shows favoritism to the big names, they might let it through.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128

+1 There are currently more violent and disturbing games on the App store, so I think Apple would approve a GTA, but probably give it a high age rating. But if Rockstar got their act together and Apple got a whiff of that cheese, then something beautiful could happen.

10. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Can you name one game in the app store that is more disturbing than GTA?
    Name one game that is more disturbing than walking up behind somebody and cutting their throats with a knife. I think that game is sick (not in a good way).

Games like CJS and Payback arent disturbing in my opinion, because of there cartoonish nature.

11. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    GTA gets away with its violence because of its humor. I find the story damn hilarious at points.

But yeah the knife neck stabbing was pretty brutal.

12. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I was talking to some apple employees at an iPhoneDev conference. They said that post 3.0 they're allowing mature content on the appstore, and the only reason why was because of parental controls!

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128

Hysteria is sick and disturbing and generally messed up. What is more disturbing than being tie up with duct tape in a creepy shed then trying to escape through woods while being chased by hooded men with axes that want to kill you.

Mr Smith is an app which allows you to torture a 3D guy, chuck him about, kick him in the nuts, lacerate him with 3ft spikes etc etc.

Payback has plenty of blood splatters when you shoot/run over/blow up people.

'Dexter' when it comes out will involve you being a serial killer and creeping up behind people before slashing their throats or stabbing them with a pen.

There are more games with lot's of violence on the App Store, I just can't remember them.

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I never understood the disbelief among some people that Rockstar would make a GTA for a Nintendo system, because, y'know...they'd already done that in the past.

There were versions of GTA 1 and 2 on Game Boy Color (albeit toned down), and there was an all new, all original GTA made for GBA (Grand Theft Auto Advance) that actually was relatively uncut as far as violence was concerned.

LBG got there before me :p

The recent GTA game on DS had "cartoony" graphics (ironically enough, purposely done - cel shaded polygons FTW!). And past GTA titles were top down view affairs with pre-rendered sprites (how Donkey Kong Country graphics were done).

And GTA isn't "disturbing" because it never, until very recently perhaps, took itself seriously. The game is a giant parody of American violence. It's gore reminds me of Troma movies (Toxic Avenger): so over the top as to be silly.

For an example of a Rockstar developed game that is actually disturbing go play Manhunt. That game takes itself seriously and is very graphic.

15. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    They would accept it because they accept rip-offs like CJS and payback. GTA would attract many people to their idevice so yes they would accept it.

16. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I hope they would. Even though I never see this happening.:(

17. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Eh, I said this half a year ago. Interesting how I was completely wrong :p

18. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    So that one Ninja Dictionary gets a 17+ rating for havin' swear words,

Wolfenstein gets a 12+ and it has a bunch of swastikas and bloody nazis, and that Samurai: Way of the Warrior is rated 9+ and has people getting chopped in half like....well, like people getting chopped in half, and big blood sprays, etc.

My guess is that GTA gets a 4+ rating. Or whatever rating is comparable.

19. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I think they would accept it,
    Since they accepted Gang$tar from Gameloft

20. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    As long as it doesnt have nudity, explict sex, i think it will make it.