JamYourFace - Make your friends dance :)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Kruder, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Kruder

Kruder Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Hi all,

I had a good response last time with my previous app, so I figured you would be interested in checking out my new one. It's called JamYourFace...

iTunes Link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317824703&mt=8

We made a quick video here (56 seconds):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChquhjcubcM

JamYourFace lets you make fun, interactive scenes called Jams using photos from your Facebook account, iPhone, or iPod Touch. Attach people's faces to animated bodies, dress them up, and bring your pictures to life! Then share your creations with your friends, or post them online for everyone to see.

• Use the built-in iPhone camera to make interesting Jams on the spot
    • Customize your character and their dances
    • Jam to exclusive music from great artists
    • Share your Jams with friends and family at www.jamyourface.com

Let me know what you think! :)

2. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    so you need wifi to upload your own jams?

3. Kruder

Kruder Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Nope! It works over EDGE or 3G too!

4. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    I have a 2g ipod touch with no wifi. Will i be able to get my jams off my ipod to upload them or will i need wifi?

5. Kruder

Kruder Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Oops! Well, unfortunately you'll need some sort of internet connection, so no, you won't. However, most of the fun of JamYourFace is taking pictures of friends and dressing them up :)

6. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    would b tight if you could make an option to export it as a file or somethin...probably not allowed on ipod but it would b cool. The reason i was interested was becuase i make music and wanted to make some cartoony music videos.

7. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I'm not much into photo editing software but your UI/presentation is really nice! Think you guys did a great job, from what I've been able to see. Hope it does well for ya, I know there's a pretty big audience for this type of stuff.

8. Kruder

Kruder Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Thanks so much. Yeah, we spent a lot of time making sure everything was polished!

9. Kruder

Kruder Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Do you have some music samples? We're always looking for new music to include in JamYourFace.

10. Hi everyone, I'm one of the developers of JamYourFace. This is just a quick note to say we've released a couple updates with more content, and more updates are on the way.

We've pushed into the top 50 in the photography category, and reviews are great so far! You can check out all the jams people are making here:
    http://www.jamyourface.com

11. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Just picked this up and made a quick jam featuring my kids - this is REALLY cool! Love the UI.

Would like to be able to alter not only the scale of the image though, but also the rotation; any chance of that?

Wonder if it'd work with custom backgrounds too - so I can use an image from my photo library as the backdrop? That would make this AWESOME!

Great job guys!

Jamie.

12. jerm71

jerm71 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    lol funny app! i agree though it would be cool if we can choose our own background too

13. Thanks guys!

I'm happy to tell you that you can indeed use your own backgrounds. If you press the background button, at the bottom you'll see buttons for Facebook, your photo album, and your camera (if applicable). Press any of these and you'll be able to fetch your own background.

Can you suggest a way we could make custom backgrounds more obvious in the app?

I think adding the ability to rotate photos is a great idea. We'll look into adding that in a future update.

14. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    #14 badmanj, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    Ah that's cool... Thanks

To make the custom background more obvious, have the first of your standard backgrounds in the gallery actually a 'custom' icon that takes you to the camera mode... I think that'd work.

Cheers,

Jamie

15. Ah, then it would work the same way as custom dances. Nice idea, thanks. We'll try to do that for 1.04.

16. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Excellent! Thanks! And if you have a moment to change it so we can use pics from our album too that'd be perfect ;-)

Hope this app is selling well - it really deserves to.

Jamie

17. Ah, you should actually see 3 buttons if you're using an iPhone: camera, facebook, and album. The album button should look like a flower (same as the iPhone album button). Or, if you have an iPod touch, you should see two buttons: facebook and album.

Is your album button missing? That'd be a nasty bug!

18. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Arrgghh! No it's my mistake!!! Sorry - it's there!

Jamie

19. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Been playing around with this some more...

How do you remove a background you've included from your phone? Also, how do you delete a jam? Can't see any way to do either...

Also, I created a Jam, marked it as not public - but on the Jam site it appeared in the 'new' section, completely visible. Is this a bug?

You should definitely push this game more with indie record companies - it's a great way for small bands to get promoted... I'm gonna definitely buy some 'The Human Statues' music after hearing them in this - what a great track!

Cheers,

Jamie.

20. You can delete them by pressing and holding the background or jam thumbnail until you see a red X. Then press the X. There's probably a better way to implement this.

Ack, yes it's a bug! We'll squash that ASAP.

Awesome, I'll let them know you said that. They're great. We'll be releasing another track from them fairly soon (probably version 1.05).