Unmechanical (Universal) 2.99 >>> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by one.sixty.four, Sep 3, 2013.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #1 one.sixty.four, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013

Unmechanical

Teotl Studios
    Unmechanical is all about the adventure of a little helicopter trapped in a strange, but fascinating world. Help him thr…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Unmechanical is all about the adventure of a little helicopter trapped in a strange, but fascinating world. Help him through to discover the secrets of the world! "The visuals are simply breathtaking....It's hard to complain when the journey provides such a wonderful sense of atmosphere. " - 5/5 AppSpy Unmechanical is a puzzle adventure that combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration, and an engrossing atmosphere. Set in a fantastic world of flesh, rock and steel, your journey to freedom requires you to solve a great variety of puzzling challenges, and while it’s easy to pick up and play, later challenges may prove very difficult indeed. Features Intuitive and simple controls, applied to a great range of interactions. A carefully created 3D world with unique environments and an engrossing atmosphere. More than 30 unique puzzles, including logic-, physics-, and memory- oriented challenges. Uncover a dark secret through strange clues and fantastic events. Over three hours of puzzle-solving, exploration, and adventure. Child friendly. No violence, found fit for all ages by the German entertainment age rating agency. Supports Unmechanical is a universal app. Play it on any iPhone, iPod, and iPad device! Requires iOS 4.3 minimum and supports iPhone 5's widescreen display. Gamecenter achievements implemented. Translated in English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Italian, Swedish. Developers Talawa Games and Teotl Studios. **Note that the screenshots displayed here are how the game looks on iPad2/iPhone4S/iPod 5th gen and newer devices. On iPad1/iPhone3GS/iPhone4/iPod 3rd gen/iPod 4th gen the game automatically runs in low end mode and looks different.
    Information
    Seller:Teotl Studios
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Mar 18, 2013
    Updated:Oct 03, 2018
    Version:1.12
    Size:416.4 MB
    User Rating: (12)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh wow... simply one of the best puzzle/adventure games in the appstore. GET IT NAO!

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ahh, this has been on my wish list! Downloading....

4. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Mine too! It's a good day. :)

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
  6. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    info added

Unmechanical

Teotl Studios
    Unmechanical is all about the adventure of a little helicopter trapped in a strange, but fascinating world. Help him thr…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Unmechanical is all about the adventure of a little helicopter trapped in a strange, but fascinating world. Help him through to discover the secrets of the world! "The visuals are simply breathtaking....It's hard to complain when the journey provides such a wonderful sense of atmosphere. " - 5/5 AppSpy Unmechanical is a puzzle adventure that combines tricky puzzle solving, alluring exploration, and an engrossing atmosphere. Set in a fantastic world of flesh, rock and steel, your journey to freedom requires you to solve a great variety of puzzling challenges, and while it’s easy to pick up and play, later challenges may prove very difficult indeed. Features Intuitive and simple controls, applied to a great range of interactions. A carefully created 3D world with unique environments and an engrossing atmosphere. More than 30 unique puzzles, including logic-, physics-, and memory- oriented challenges. Uncover a dark secret through strange clues and fantastic events. Over three hours of puzzle-solving, exploration, and adventure. Child friendly. No violence, found fit for all ages by the German entertainment age rating agency. Supports Unmechanical is a universal app. Play it on any iPhone, iPod, and iPad device! Requires iOS 4.3 minimum and supports iPhone 5's widescreen display. Gamecenter achievements implemented. Translated in English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Italian, Swedish. Developers Talawa Games and Teotl Studios. **Note that the screenshots displayed here are how the game looks on iPad2/iPhone4S/iPod 5th gen and newer devices. On iPad1/iPhone3GS/iPhone4/iPod 3rd gen/iPod 4th gen the game automatically runs in low end mode and looks different.
    Information
    Seller:Teotl Studios
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Mar 18, 2013
    Updated:Oct 03, 2018
    Version:1.12
    Size:416.4 MB
    User Rating: (12)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

7. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    is this kinda like Limbo? and if so which is better?

8. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Can you actually click somewhere in the original post and get to the App Store from the TA app? I can't figure out how but I can be pretty slow sometimes... :)

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Nice, this came out when I didn't have a compatible device. Thanks for the freebie.

10. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #11 chimpman252, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    Sweet, loved the lite version but wasn't hooked enough to purchase it. Glad that I'll get to give it a second chance now that it's free. Great atmosphere and presentation.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    While I had this on my wish list (as I can't buy and download everything I want all the time) and am taking advantage of the sale, I wasn't "waiting" for a freebie. That's just sad. I never pre-plan waiting for an app to go free. I admit that I DO take advantage of some of these because there's been plenty of apps that I paid for that went free as well. And, particularly if I like the app I did get free, they certainly earn a place in my plans for buying their next game.

Maybe I'm "bad" for taking advantage of an occasional freebie, but it's people who purposely wait for an app they want to go free that kill the indies from being successful.

*** end rant **

12. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #13 ScotDamn, Sep 4, 2013
    Why doesn't some of the game links show up in the app? It seems most of them do, but some don't such as this one for some reason. Weird... :confused:

Btw mrbiggles, your link doesn't show up in the TA app.

13. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #14 ScotDamn, Sep 4, 2013
    I understand your frustration. I used to get really upset at comments like that. I still kind of do. Maybe the guy is going through rough times and doesn't have the extra few bucks to spend though. You have to admit, these apps go free for a reason so there's a mutual benefit. I suspect they go free to increase reviews and/or general visibility. Maybe even hoping for an article to highlight the game. I understand your frustration though.

Edit: In fact, speaking about hoping reviews and coverage get increased, When Shelter went free, I had never even heard of it so I gave it a download. I played it and realized I really liked it and had a hard time putting it down. That free download sparked something in me to write a review on GamesBeat.com so that exact thing happened. :)

http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/30/shelter-review-strategic-card-combat/

14. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Great game free, get now.

15. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #16 chimpman252, Sep 4, 2013
    I enjoyed the title for what it was, but I was not interested in it enough to pay for it. I'm just not big on the style of gameplay. It's not that I really wanted to play the game and waited day by day for it to go free, I just forgot about it and decided that if it went free I would try it out. The advantage of this scenario is that while before I wouldn't have given the developer any money AND I wouldn't have gotten to experience the game, in this case I get to play the game thus strengthening my trust in the developer for future titles that I may be more interested in.
    Basically this:
    It's kind of like this interview from Tommy Refenes (of Team Meat) about piracy: I'm not taking any money away from the developer because there's no certainty that I would have bought the game anyways. Sorry I gave the wrong impression :(

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's coz the forum allows only 1 app info to show up. Since there's 2 on the first page, one wont show. At least that's what i noticed in other threads as well.

17. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy

Yeah but no. Piracy is theft. No matter how anyone wants to justify it, people who pirate are not cool and are thieves. Thieves go to jail. So should people who steal software. It's completely different when the developer puts it up for free, whether it's for a limited time or permanently. There's a big difference there.

18. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Ahh Ok thanks EP!

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Personally, i'd choose this over Limbo. As mentioned in the Limbo thread, Limbo lost most of its Oomph after the Spider fight scene, but the game was still brilliant overall to keep me playing til the end. It felt like that to me.

Unmechanical, onthe other hand, has abetter grasp in the exploration sense, and the puzzles are quite different each time, and as you go along, your robot learns a few tricks which changes mechanics along the way.

Limbo is similar to Unmechanical in a way that both are puzzle games, where you figure out a way to get past certain obstacles. The difference is that Limbo is more of a side-scrolling platformer, while Unmechanical has you flying around.

I'd recommend both, so just get this now that it's free.