Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM

I understand. Then 1st thing to do now it's a video with in-game action.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM

After almost 1 day of video editing I managed to make this trailer:

http://youtu.be/z0HUTVhc2HM
Old 07-18-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlgames View Post
After almost 1 day of video editing I managed to make this trailer:

http://youtu.be/z0HUTVhc2HM
That's all I needed to see. Buying now. Looks like a slow-paced, relaxing light puzzle game with fun graphics - I'm sure we can all use one of those now and then.

Two quibbles: in the trailer, you mis-spelled 'resources'. In my native language, Spanish, 'indigenas' is an appropriate word for natives, but 'indigenes' sounds awkward in English - maybe use 'aborigenes'? Or move the train to the Klondike and call them 'first nations'? Which brings me to another point... Havingnative raids on gold trains is borderline offensive and politically (and historically) incorrect as all getout. I know you didn't mean anything by it,and the stereotype exists in popular culture, but if an anthropologist or civil rights group saw this, there could be a lot of trouble, up to and including lobbying Apple to get the game pulled from the store. You might want to change 'indigenes' to 'insurgents' or something like that.

At least you didn't specify the railroad workers as Chinese. . (My spouse is descended from them - I kid because I care).
Old 07-18-2013, 10:29 AM

One other thing... You mentioned sales were too low to justify the free level packs you'd intended. Fair enough. This looks like a simple tile-based game, though... How difficult would it be to include a level editor in the full vsion, allowing users to create and submit their own levels, and download those made by others?

I'm thinking of two games in particular...

Bike Baron is now very polished, but it started out as a pretty humdrum game, with only the editor and free user-created levels to distinguish it. That was enough to ensure its popularity and create a loyal community, generating enough revenue to pay for a multitude of updates and new features.

The free user campaigns are also what finally convinced me to plonk down $20 for Battle Academy - that's twice the price of the next expensive app purchase I've made. Without the, I probably woyld have passed on the game, but with the promise of a potentially unlimited stream of free content...
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM

@Sciuridae:
These natives are attacking the train tracks. You know: the 'steel monster'. I was inspired by the old western movies and stories about the whole war between them and conquerors (hope this is the word). Maybe in the next update I will change the word.

Now regarding the levels:
At 1st I was thinking to create some campaigns.. Maybe one per month and include them with new versions. Now that you tell me about a level editor. This one could be interesting. I want to see how many sales will be after this 1st week.

Meanwhile I stared the work at 2 new games so I have a lot to do.