The last five games/apps you deleted from your device

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tblrsa, Mar 20, 2011.

1. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #1 tblrsa, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    From time to time I tend to delete games I finished or didn´t bother playing anymore. Here are my last 5 deletion candidates:

- Angry Birds

This one has been on my device since it was first released. To be honest, it never managed to keep me interested for long. Away it goes!

- Doodle Jump

One of my first App Store purchases. Gets old quite fast.

- Epic Win

It seemed to be a nice idea at first glance, yet wasn´t able to keep up with my needs. Mobile Me Sync is just way too comfortable to bother with this, although the idea itself is quite creative.

- Karoshi

I have beaten this game and there isn´t much replay value. I do hope they release more of Karoshi on the iDevice though. A short game, but well worth the buck i spent for it.

- Prisoner 84

Seemed like a cool idea at first, but never managed to keep my attention. Backgrounds and Enemies are just way too repetitive. I might give this one another spin sometime though, as there are several key elements that are very well executed. (ex. Animated Keylock) I´m left with the feeling I´ve dismissed this one too soon.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sticky (got repetitive and boring)
    MC2 (One of my fav games ever, but had to delete because it was taking up way to much space)
    NOVA 2 (way to much space)
    Dungeon Hunter 2 (Was laggy and a space hog)
    I Must Run (got boring and was too hard)

3. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Games I have just deleted due to memory issues. Less than 3gigs left on iphone4 32g.

***GAME (reason)***
    --------------------------------------------
    1. Carnivores (lame)

2. Death Worm (fun but mindless)

3. Dungeon Defenders (file too large)

4. Harry Potter LEGO (file too large, controls/stick feels wonky)

5. Uber Racer 3d (good for free but not RR2)

6. Braveheart (Very fun at first, but becomes monotonous)

7. Pinball HD (War Pinball makes these tables a joke - except Slayer)

8. 1951 World War (never really played it too much, but nice concept)

9. Gun Club 2 (500megs for a toy app, file too large)

10. Archetype (Unreal tournament in disguise, not a good thing)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *********Games that I hardly play but can't let go of**********

1. Space Miner: Space or Bust
    2. Chopper 2
    3. Aircoaster
    4. Skies of Glory
    5. Sim City Deluxe
    6. Espgaluda
    7. OMG Pirates
    8. Shrek Kart
    9. Alive 4ever Returns
    10. X-plane High def (iphone4)

4. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Probably 5 free games I downloaded and played for less than 2 minutes.

5. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #5 gwet17, Mar 20, 2011
    Robot Unicorn Attack- It was clever for one week
    Reckless Racing- I'll re-download it if it ever gets another update
    Zenonia- I lost my progress when I restored my iPod, and never got around to getting back to where I was
    Jenga- Not addictive at all, so I never played it
    Flick Golf- No content, I'll re-download it after it gets Game Center and stuff

Not a bad idea for a thread. This should get some discussion.

6. KentuckyFriedChicken

Feb 2, 2011
    Games Deleted
    1-Simcity
    2-The Sims 3
    3-BattleBears
    4-Angry Birds
    5-Sonic (1,2,4, and spinball)

Games you should never delete
    1-Doodle Jump
    2-Real Racing2
    3-TinyWings
    4-Words With Friends
    5- Pocket God

7. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

1. Battleheart;

2. Shadow Era;

3. and 4. Two completely boring-ass Knizia games ... so dull I can't even remember for sure which ones they were;

5. Battle of Gundabad.

8. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wow, you're saying Pocket God has more lasting appeal that the 250+ level juggernaut that is Angry Birds?

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I have a "done" folder where i keep finished games that i have finished just in case. Just cleaned up a bunch of gameloft games. Assassin's creed, nova, prince of persia being the space hoggers. Also cleared a couple of games i couldn't get into. Sunday lawn and iTrials come to mind.

10. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #10 tblrsa, Mar 20, 2011
    Interesting list. Death Worm has been wiped from my device long time ago, it was fun for about 10 quick games. I´ve got Carnivores for free, it´s still on my device, although I rarely play it at all. Might be among my next candidates, but we´ll see. I´ll give it another spin first.

I´ve purchased Dungeon Defenders aswell, although it´s not on my device atm. The bad German Translation ruined this game right from the start for me. There is no option to switch to English either. Might pick it up again after they fixed that. Archetype, well, it´s been fun for a few quick games. Overall the level design just felt awful though.

11. KentuckyFriedChicken

Feb 2, 2011
    Are you kidding me? Hands down with all of the updates yes. I dont know how it stayed at #1 so long. Thank God Tiny Wings and Cut The Rope (For a while) took over!

12. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Fruit Ninja. .... yawn.

13. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    I deleted 3 games recently:
    1 Tiny Wings-actually i wanted to delete it long ago when i started to think it's a little repetitive, but just didn't do that as i saw that it's the most popular on the App Store and wanted to figure out how appealling it is, so i just kept it for playing from time to time, but i've got really tired of it now.

2 Karoshi-too simple and short to hold my attention any longer.

3 Fruit Ninja-Slicing like a Ninja was a cool feeling at first, but i got tired of it very soon as there's not much depth and replay value. Now i've turned to VegSamurai.

14. hotspringfan

hotspringfan Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Ouch! Battleheart is in your list. I am always hoping I can make up my mind to kick it out from my ipod becuz it frustrated me too much. But failed and stuck.

15. Atischery

Atischery Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Ouch! I can't believe you hate Battle heart that much cuz it's one of my fav. :mad: I think it's very addictive and fun.

16. hotspringfan

hotspringfan Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I never say it's neigher addictive nor less fun, but I just hate myself when I can't finish a boss. :-x

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #17 backtothis, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    I thought I might as well participate in this thread since I'm always on a roll between buying new games and deleting old games. Not going to mention any free apps unless they're extremely popular for some reason.

-Overkill (Wondered why it was so popular, downloaded it today and tried 3 waves, it's crap)

-6th Planet (Bought it on the first day, played 10 minutes today for the first time, it's crap)

-Devil May Cry 4: Refrain (Bought it on debut day, finished it quickly yesterday in under 2 hours, wrote a review, decent, played a few minutes today for the heck of it)

-Modern Combat 2 (resynced it after deleting it last year since there's always so many players on; I think I'll stick to Nova 2 and Rainbow 6 since I'm apparently echelons better at those two in comparison to MC2, aka my K/D ratio is 4 times greater; tried online today again, turns out, I'm still crap at MC2 online)

-Itarus (Bought it when it came out a year ago, tried it for the first time today, outdated compared to other KRPGs on the iOS, 10 minutes of crap)

----------

I'll probably be visiting this thread daily, or every two days, if the thread is somewhere on the first page since that's how fast I roll through games. I actually deleted 9 paid games today, but that's not what the thread is asking for. Finally truly burning through my enormous backlog of both old and new games. So yeah, I play games randomly, not taking into consideration when I bought it, so sometimes they'll be completely new games listed here, and sometimes they'll be ones from quite a while ago. Like I said, I have an enormous backlog since I buy, on average, 1-2 new games daily. Oh, the short impressions I left about each game are of course just my opinion..so no need to flame, etc. Thanks! Looks like I'll be having fun with this thread. And of course, these are just the games I'm deleting from my iPod. I'm constantly deleting paid games that I'll never go back to on iTunes as well. While I delete trashy games daily, I'm of course also spending some quality time with the ones I like, not just deleting games lol..

18. apphame

apphame Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Planner
    Hong Kong
    This sorta thread has been posted somewhere in TA.

Anyway, I still give my anwser:
    TinyWings
    Doodle Jump
    Words With Friends
    Pocket God
    Angry Birds

19. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it didn't do a thing for me. It's an endless fast-twitch grind-fest.

It's my fault, though; I should have read the reviews more closely.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm constantly amazed by the notion people are still playing Pocket God.

You can genuinely (no exaggeration here) get about as much fun out of this guy as you can with PG:

[​IMG]

The similarities are uncanny.