★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Finally got an iPad Air

03-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
I'll definitely try mutant storm. I love all shooters from galaga to geometry wars, etc. Its a shame all the cave games aren't universal. Can see paying for them again. My favorite shooter is tempest and the vita version rocks. I have an Atari jag with tempest and the spinner control and I even have an arcade cabinet. Sometimes simple games are the way to go
Phoenix HD
03-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Thx fangbone! Good list. Looking forward to starwars knights. I'll probably try device 6 and a few others. I was thinking of not putting a screen protector on the air. It will be the first device I'm not putting one on but I feel like going naked for once.

03-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Phoenix HD
Good shooter. Probably better on the ipad. On my list
03-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
I'll definitely try mutant storm. I love all shooters from galaga to geometry wars, etc. Its a shame all the cave games aren't universal. Can see paying for them again. My favorite shooter is tempest and the vita version rocks. I have an Atari jag with tempest and the spinner control and I even have an arcade cabinet. Sometimes simple games are the way to go
Mutantstorm is probably my favorite ipad only game. If you like dual sticks, it is a most have.
03-31-2014, 02:56 AM
I would go with Device 6, Walking Dead (Season 1 & 2), The Wolf Among Us, Infinity Blade 3, KOTOR, Bastion, Deus Ex: The Fall.
03-31-2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPT5 View Post
Enjoy on your new purchase. I hope I can get one too (I don't think it would be soon though). Hahaha.
Seems like if you did you'd need to change your name.
04-01-2014, 05:49 PM
For me, even though it's a little older. I still love to go back to Flight Control HD. On the iPad it's so much better. The screen is bigger, and you can always get a co-op thing going on with a buddy. You can just let a friend take the top half of the screen and you take the bottom half of the screen and then it ends up being like Twister, where you have to cross each other to land the planes :P