Something smells a bit off... wtf gamesalad?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dreadwench, May 20, 2011.

1. dreadwench

dreadwench Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I first heard of game salad here about a month ago. Up until then I had no idea what it was and thought I would check it out and see what all the fuss was.

Anyway, I signed up had a little look and forgot about it until today when I came across a post on their forum made by ME... "Hmm," I think to myself "what is this strange post made by me on a forum I have never posted on?"

So I go and have a little looksee and this post does indeed look like it came from the account I made, but.... it came from the account I made about a month ago and this post was apparently made 3 months ago.
    I looked into it a little more and apparently I signed up in January, this particular date that I apparently signed up for this account I happened to be in rehab with very, very limited access to the internet and certainly not posting on forums I had never even heard of at that time, with an account I had not even made yet.

It is also giving the impression that the game they are talking about was made using gamesalad. They don't say it directly, but they sure do give the impression.

This particular post that was supposedly made by me, on a forum I did not know existed at the time, with an account that I had not even made yet was also a cut and paste from a post I made in this forum.

I have no idea what is going on here. But this smells a little off to me.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

and thats the reason you come to touch arcade to talk about the forums of gamesalad.. maybe someone guessed your 12345 password.. you can always try to contact gamesalad support and get it fixed.. you surely won't find any gamesalad official here..

3. dreadwench

dreadwench Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    #3 dreadwench, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
    My password is x27fg511986C not 12345 :p

I have contacted them and waiting, but still what the hell... I had not even made an account there then.

There is something funny going on there and they're using posts from here, which I think is a perfectly valid reason to be posting a thread about it here.

How many other posts are they cutting and pasting from here to pad out their crappy forums and make it look like more people than there really are, are using their product.

4. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

WHAT!? That's my password! :eek: