Sinecure Industries in NJBiz Magazine

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Sinecure Industries, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

After we put out our press release for The Advice Generator a few weeks ago we had a short blurb in NJBiz magazine. Last week we got a call from the article writer asking for our opinions and where we plan to go as a business. It's pretty neat to have a write up in an actual print magazine - any one else have this sort of experience?

Link to article

2. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    we got published in retro gamer for our game and watch games - we got so much publicity; Nintendo came after us almost instantly with a cease and decist :) we've also been in a national swedish newspaper (metroteknik) and also on national TV.. its definitely a buzz :)

3. Sinecure Industries

That's awesome! It really is... of course as soon as I posted the link their website went down, but hey, if you're in NJ go pick up a copy of the magazine :p

4. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    why not scan it and publish it on your website. we posted the video and the article clippings to our press area of the website: http://www.mobile1up.com/press/ - you can even watch the TV clip :) its important to understand that any publicity is good publicity - even if someone says bad things about you (this is the internet; ho hum)

5. Sinecure Industries

I will as soon as I go out and buy one, hahaha.

6. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Hey, you're from NJ too?
    I thought I was the only NJ dev here. :D
    I'll go pic up the magazine.

7. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yep, I got a write up of Rogue Touch in Retro Gamer (#63) and in iPhone Life (Fall 2009) magazines. It's pretty cool to get recognized in real world print! I'm going to cut them out and put them in a frame I got for Christmas :D

8. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i have every copy of Retro Gamer :) been collecting them for years - it was great to finally be have my name printed in something you collect. its a nice collection - i have to find a new shelf to put the new copies; running out of room now. the earlier versions used to come with DVD roms.. classic stuff.

9. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I don't have every issue of Retro Gamer unfortunately, but it is a great magazine, and I agree it was awesome to get mentioned in it! Their opinion of Rogue Touch was very high, similar to that of the TouchArcade staff... they called it "the best Rogue game they'd played on *any* system".

It was only a little mini-review with a paragraph and a picture, but it meant a lot to me. Due to that bit of glowing praise I actually bought THREE copies of issue #63 so I could read one, cut out my mini review from another and keep the third copy in pristine condition :D

I'd love to go back and collect all the old issues I missed someday :)

10. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    we got the RETRO SIZZLER award and a 92% rating.

it was a full page mention; and there was even a mini interview on other pages. it was the first time iphone games were mentioned and it was definitely honorable. i picked up an extra copy and gave it to my father; but was sure to scan them in and the edition is safely stored :)

11. Sinecure Industries

Haha, very cool! With so many people in the state there's bound to be at least two :p

That's awesome, congrats!