Reviews Getting Tagged

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Schenk Studios, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it appears that iTunes is tagging reviews with the version that they were written under. This is a nice "new" feature that should make devs and customers happy.

2. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I never noticed that. I was hoping that they would do it! Apple is cool, but it sometimes takes them awhile to catch on.

3. bit_Jon

bit_Jon Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    Yeah this is new as of today! and very cool from a developers standpoint:D

4. Yep- excellent news. Looks like they've been listening.

5. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    You can also give only a star rating without a review from iTunes.

6. d4l3

d4l3 Member

Mar 11, 2009
    SoCal
    I predict some developers w/poorer reviews will now ship worthless upgrades just to reset their review average. In this version: "Now with more cowbell!"

And I wonder if some good developers will now hold out riskier upgrades afraid to ruin a good average. And I wonder if some developers will now roll out an ELITE, PRO PLUS or v2 if they make a significant change to a well-reviewed product.

7. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    While the new ranking has it's down points like that I think it's still better then the old, hopefully if someone was to send an update to reset their rating they would receive worse scores from users.