Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hi Osaris!

I'm new here and I know a lot of developers swarm this place too so I thought it was a good idea to sign up here and post my review of this game here.

I would like to start off by saying this game is not too bad, not too good. Above average. The graphics are generally OK, but the buildings looked way too blocky and I just can't stand it. The track itself looked decent but the ships were phenomenal due to the careful model mesh. The occasional barrel roll of the ships felt neat too. The music seems quite good though a few didn't feel very suited to racing due to calm portions. The weapons are standard but the boost particularly felt stupid because I couldn't feel a thing from it. The sense of speed felt somewhat missing due to the stagnant landscape unlike a constantly changing environment in Repulze. Even though it gets fast in Endurance Mode (which felt a bit too close to WipEout's Zone Mode), it felt more like a reflex dodging game rather than a real adrenaline pumped high speed racing. The A.I.s are ok and pretty fair. The controls were phenomenal as explained by the developer, giving ultimate control over the ship but that poses a problem; that much control made the game feel too easy since navigating the track seems like a cakewalk.

It's not the worst, nor the best, but Repulze felt significantly better. Graphics felt a lot more polished there and gameplay was more solid with their unique polarity gate system. Comparing with another racing game Flashout 3D though, I say it's on par. If this were to overtake Repulze, clearly A LOT MORE must be done.

Last edited by FBI Light Rock; 04-02-2013 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: developer name spelt wrongly
Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that an update of TurboFly HD has just been released on the AppStore.
The update brings improved graphics, better sense of speed and a pause button.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 05-02-2013, 07:36 AM
iPad mini

I look forward to trying out the update. My only real problem with this game is a lack of players for multiplayer races. I hope more people start playing.