Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-05-2013, 03:34 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Starting to get a little tired of Silhouette artwork. It's fantastic, as is the Holy Grail of silhouette, Limbo, but it's starting to become redundant.

Nothing against the game, haven't even played it... Just sayin'.
Almost every game with shadowy artwork has limbo mentioned in threads about it, I don't get it, was limbo the first game to use this style of artwork or something? Or maybe the first to do it successfully? Not trying to be arsey it's just when I see these dark artwork games limbo isn't often the game I think of (lad bng an exception)
Old 12-05-2013, 04:08 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Almost every game with shadowy artwork has limbo mentioned in threads about it, I don't get it, was limbo the first game to use this style of artwork or something? Or maybe the first to do it successfully? Not trying to be arsey it's just when I see these dark artwork games limbo isn't often the game I think of (lad bng an exception)
In terms of dark mood/silhouette style, Limbo is king. Many borrow from it. None match it.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Coming from someone with the username of scrotally, I couldn't help but snicker

That said, it didn't negate the awesomeness of your comment. A friend I used to work with travelled to Africa and had to take extreme measures to prevent getting malaria. She had extreme hallucinations and was even pregnant at the time, so she was limited to very specific drugs that, while safe for her baby, had incredibly terrible side effects.

All that to help. $3 to help against something most of the western world figures is "nothing" really isn't much.
Hey! Having a comedically superior name shouldn't disqualify me as the most brilliant human on earth. That statement does though. Scary story about your friend. Luckily, all we westerners typically need to worry about is an upset stomach from malaria pills when traveling to tropical regions. There is a reason why it is usually the main precaution taken when visiting such places. I'd much rather be pestered by a worthy cause that is creatively woven into a cool game then iap's that are essentially just missing pieces of a game.

Last edited by scrotally; 12-05-2013 at 04:38 AM..
Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 AM

The game is totally free and the whole game was produced as well for free for The Against Malaria Foundation! This was our first in house game made with the help of bringing Brian Kehrer onto our team, the former creator of Muse games.

We used his expertise combined with our ability to create beautiful imagery and aimed that at something we thought could make a difference. If at the very least we hope we created a beautiful and challenging game that wasnt just a 5 minute play. The game is very challenging at times and its very well suppose to be.

As for the floaty physics... well you are in a fluid. When you continue playing the game and learning the mechanics of the world we created, the physics and level design work hand in hand to create a very challenging experience!

We hope you guys keep playing and definitely donate. Nobody has beat the game yet! It would be awesome to see a post here when someone does!

Thanks guys!

Psyop
Old 12-05-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
In terms of dark mood/silhouette style, Limbo is king. Many borrow from it. None match it.
Disagreed completely.
Type:Rider borrowed from it, and improved it in every possible way.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
Disagreed completely.
I bet you gave it three stars too.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM

Beat it finally, only with 96 and 74% completion. I'll have to come back to it later to get all them bears. Love the game and the motives behind it. Didn't realize who the narrator was. Thanks to the developers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (255.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 08:41 AM

You just justified a lot for us! Let us know how the game was and see if you can nab those bears! Only two people have been known to get all the bears thus far!

Awesome job!
-Psyop Crew
Old 12-07-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanHarveyVFX View Post
You just justified a lot for us! Let us know how the game was and see if you can nab those bears! Only two people have been known to get all the bears thus far!

Awesome job!
-Psyop Crew
Thank you!

Last edited by scrotally; 12-13-2013 at 12:24 AM..