Question regarding international sales

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by djibouti, Jan 1, 2010.

1. djibouti

djibouti Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Hey...

I have a question regarding international sales numbers (i.e. the number of units sold broken down by country). How does one view these statistics? I've noticed developers often do things like post the number of downloads per country and also indicate which countries they are in the top 100 lists of.

Also, what time of the day is the daily sales trends/download figures updated?

Greatly appreciate help/guidance in these small issues! Thanks

2. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    i dont remember specifics right now, but mobiclix provides data. for the most part, you really only need data on the big 8. we were #1 in greece and russia (among other countries) with about 4-6 purchases. seriously.

usa, canada, uk, australia, germany, france, italy and spain are the main ones you want to watch. dont quote me on the last 4, i kinda forget atm.

3. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    All the data is right in the daily sales stats Apple lets you download from iTunes Connect. It lists every app you have, and shows you how many copies were downloaded from each country, as well as how many updates were made per country. You just need to import it into a spreadsheet and sort it.

The daily sales are usually available around 2am-4am Apple time.

To tell your ranks, an easy and free tool to use is MajicRank.

4. sbroumley

sbroumley Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Video Games Software Engineer
    Austin, TX
    AppViz (for Mac) is also a great tool that auto-logs onto iTunes connect and downloads reports which can be displayed in graph views and filtered per region and/or per sale/upgrade etc. It costs about $30 but is well worth it.

5. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    ...and Japan.

6. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    What about Estonia? I'm still trying to find the one guy with an iPhone in that country so he can buy my apps.

7. Double thumbs up. AppViz has been pretty great for sorting out sales and upgrade figures, as well as collating reviews from all of the international stores. Before I tried it I was a bit skeptical (and still am about the auto-login to iTC - I download and import all of my data manually), but once the registration notice came up at the end of the trial period, I bought a licence to the full version without a second thought.

8. I use these great free mac programs:
    • MajicRank - Track apps position in every iTunes store in the world
    • AppStore Clerk - Track total downloads and updates for each app using sales reports (not broken down by region or earning though)
    • AppReviewsFinder - download reviews and ratings from all the stores for an app

I'm not sure that any of it helps at all, but it sure is addictive.

9. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    I third the AppViz recommendation. Been using it for the better part of the year and it's excellent. Reports w/ graphs, reviews and rankings from different countries. Everything in one place. Support was prompt and helpful when I asked a question. It was also updated quickly whenever there was a change to the ITT page.