Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default V1.6 just hit the App Store

Version 1.6 of A Dark Room just hit the App Store. If you've beaten the game, you should definitely update. If you're still playing through the game... you should still definitely update.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 AM

Fantastic game Amir, burned through it in 2 days and absolutely loved it outside of a few frustrations. Don't want to say anymore and spoil anything for other players. Congratulations on your success, love that such a unique and cerebral game is getting the love it deserves as the App Store can be brutal.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:57 AM

Really do love the game. It brings back early memories of Zork. I can see why it gets 1 Star reviews, saying you'll either love it or hate it is a sad copout. The truth is some people don't pay attention to what they are playing, and it is those people this game is lost on. They don't see or feel the adventure, they just see text and nothing else. It is truly a shame for those people.

On the other side, boy is this game intense. Jumping in not knowing anything about it I was a little perplexed, It seemed like mountains of time went by before anything actually happened. But before I knew it the game expanded upon itself countless times and just when I thought I had it figured out a new surprise came my way and changed things up.

I very much doubt anyone giving 1 star reviews could tell you anything about the game past the first 5 minutes. I find it weird that they didn't bond with the village and continue but heh, not everyone cares or has the time to enjoy something so a loss for them.

So developer I'm sure this is probably nothing new but I hope you continue taking chances like this. The industry needs it.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thank you Mj1ggy and Dueler for the kind words :-) I'm glad you found the game a deep, emotional experience.

PS:
Headshot ;-)
Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Population to Slaves?

I'd like to know how to avoid keeping my villagers as Slaves. I'm not so sure why they're Slaves now. How would I be able to turn them back to my villagers?
Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 AM

I stumbled upon A Dark Room on the web (it's brilliant, and fantastic!); is there any possible way to move a saved game over to the iOS version, or no such luck? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 AM

I just tried this game.. Its cool... Nice work developers !!!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:07 PM

So, just tell me this, does it get better from where I am now? My village is larger and I just got to the part with the directional buttons. I'm intrigued, but the slow pace is starting to get to me some.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:05 PM

I deleted this game and am glad I didn't waste any more time on it. I spent 2+ hours "playing". I then went to Youtube to see the ending. Personally, I would have been incredibly disappointed by the ending. To each their own, though.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:09 PM

you recommend it? i am very curious about these