Games that women love

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fairlady, Oct 5, 2009.

1. fairlady

fairlady Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Owner: Fairlady Media
    Raleigh, NC
    Hi, all,

I'd like to hear from you all about which games on the App store are most popular with the ladies... guys, feel free to post here about your wives, girlfriends, daughters, etc.

There have been a few less-than-productive discussions in this forum about "games for guys" vs. "games for girls"... etc. Let's try to avoid the stereotypes in this discussion and stick with the facts of what we're playing, ok? :)

Many games appeal to a wide audience... gender, age, etc. Feel free to mention those, but I'm most interested to see which games are most loved by the gals out there.

I have two reasons for posting this request: 1) I've played Peggle and Scramble to death and I'd like to try something different (preferably not something violent), and 2) my company strives to develop games for a broad audience, and although lots of guys post about their favorite games, we don't hear from women as frequently in these forums.

Thanks bunches! :)

2. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Well my gf loves Aqua Globs aswell as i do, and Zaz and Silentgenius (TA members) like it aswell...

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Peggle, Bejewled, Book Worm and any Megatouch game.

4. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I think most of the girls like the more casual games, such as doodle jump, flight control, harbor master, and games along that line. Pocket God also seems to attract girls. The game that most of them played was actually Papijump, but doodle jump is the new fav.

Oh yeah, and Ngmoco's Touchpet Dogs seems like it could b a hit for the "feminine crowd." :)

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #5 New England Gamer, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
    Girls like all kinds of games! Sure some like the casual games but others like so many different genres you would be surprised. RPG's FPS TPS puzzlers sims you name it! Should not be a characterization at all - girls vs boys etc.

So how about - Minigore, Sheeple, Buzz Ball, Elven Chronicles, Scoops, Sky Burger, Cooking Dash, Castle Warriors, Catcha Mouse, Scramble, Collapse, Creepy Town, Puzzle Quest, Dungeon Raiders, Gomi, Gemmed, Rolando, Homerun Battle, Inkvaders, Lexic, Mr Mahjong, Prairie Chute, Bloons TD, Zenonia, Chronicles of Inotia, Secret of Monkey Island, Skee Ball, Spy Bot, Toy Bot (1-3), Toy Bot Mini Missions, Toki Tori, Topple...............

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Complete agreement here, we are stereotyping ourselves...

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    My little cousin(8) loves to play minigore, lol I know:p, and bowling/baseball games such as BBS and galactic bowling.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I know a girl that plays Halo and CoD's Nazi Zombie mode all the time.

9. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Some of the girls I know like e Jump (one in particular is addicted to it), Flight Control, Koi Pond (not a game I know), and Tap Tap Revenge

10. fairlady

fairlady Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Owner: Fairlady Media
    Raleigh, NC
    That's a great list! :) Several of my favorites appear here, plus a few that are new to me. Thanks!

11. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    i like word games (wurdle, wordjong, bookworm), puzzle games (toki tori, zen bound, prism, bobby carrot, edge), match 3 (gemmed, puzzle quest) and pick-me-up games (doodle jump, up there, scoops).

once in a while i try games from other genre and like them too. examples are castle of magic, real racing, airport mania and yardsale.

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Anytime! I could go on and on!!!!!!!! That was not even HALF.

13. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    As you can see it's mostly a sterotype, for ladies here in TA not sure about the regular consumer since they are HC idevice gamers.

Also most if not all of them I like, except for bloons

14. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ha ha I actually ended up playing Bloons TD longer than I thought I would mainly because of the silly debate on the other thread. I kept playing to like get my point across. I hate when that happens! It gets repetitive.

15. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    +1 of cos games like TM and match-3 appeal more to female casual gaming crowd, but we do like all kinds of games including shooters and racers! Why limit yourself when making or playing games?

@New England Gamer: I own nearly all games you listed and like them all!

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Hey Squeaker I usually agree with your comments (as I have said before) and this was a VERY partial list off the top of my head! Forgot so many others! Just the point was that females like all KINDS of games.

Maybe Skyye was right though, that those here would be the more hardcore variety who like to get involved in discussions, look for latest releases, look forward to upcoming releases, take part in consultations with developers and even beta test.

But that's ok cuz I think we bring a unique perspective!

17. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I think that most girls or women enjoy TM games. Most are based towards women more so then men such as Sally's Spa, Sally's Salon, Wedding Dash, the fashion show ones, and many more.

18. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    That is stereotyping:p

I thought sallys spa was a great TM.

19. pavelegorkin

pavelegorkin Member

Sep 29, 2009
    My girl like Stone Loops of Jurassica, Monkey Business and some other casual ball shooter

20. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Resident Evil 4.. And Dexter. These games appeal to many woman

;)