Circuit Strike One new screenshots

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Qwerty_1987, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Qwerty_1987

Qwerty_1987 Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Hi, All!

This is my first post at Touch Arcade.
    Here i found some new screens from Circuit Strike One.
    I hope you like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    really nice screen shots! i sooo can't wait for this game. automatically buy for me.
    there are so many games coming out soon that are that way. good thing i've been holding back on buying games so i have plenty of cashola and hopefully time when these games come out.

the good thing is that the games coming out from now on are only going to get better and better, esp after major game devs (from other platforms) notice that putting time+effort+graphics+small price=huge payoff....

3. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I see you prefer playing with the advance controls, I'm too incompetent to use that control scheme. haha. What number are you on the leaderboards?

Thanks for the screens, the community'll appreciate this.

4. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yeah I don't even play with the advance controls. I've been trying so hard to beat level 6 hardcore again, It must have been a fluke the first time.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Anybody care to elaborate on the various control schemes?

As I understand this is more Asteroids than Geometry Wars (no dual stick stuff, you can only fire the way you face).

6. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Well basic controls consist of one analog stick a fire button and a thrust/airbrake zone. The stick is rightfully on the left, with the other actions off to the right. It's kinda hard to explain but it's zero g physics so the control is extremely floaty and inertia based. You will literally fly past a turret turn and fire on it while maintaining the ships initial direction.

7. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sounds straight forward. So how are the advanced controls different? I really like the idea of bullet time being button controlled (I have yet to use any shake controls effectively).

8. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Will have to get back to you as I have very little experience with them. Will give them an honest effort hear in an hour or so.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Thanks in advance!

10. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I'd explain it to you, but I suck at it. I gave it a good 20 minutes or so and I was still unable to generate any sort of momentum, so I switched back to the basics :)

11. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Okay so with my lunch break I reaquainted with the advanced controls. Let me preface by saying I spent a very very small time with them. I found them a little frustrating to use as rotating the ship was a major pain in the ass. It's really hard for me to explain the controls. Theres two lines that when perfectly aligned make you go straight, and when you drag your finger to the right of the line your ship turns right, same thing with the left. The button to slow to engage bullet time is a nice alternative, but I just can't figure out how to rotate my ship in any effective manner. For now until I can get used to them, I'll be sticking to the basic controls.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Close enough, thanks.

13. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

dang anyone with a best guess when it will hit the app store, i want to have it before goin on my trip :D