Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi all,

Really happy to announce the new game from Perchang...

Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times.

[​IMG]

A cataclysm was prophesied to bring about the end of the Old World. Now the forces of Chaos have begun their final assault and the last stand is coming.

Heroes from all races and lands are venturing forth. Sworn enemies standing shoulder to shoulder fighting the daemons of the apocalypse. Proud warriors search for powerful artefacts to aid their lords in the coming war. Sorcerers toil for untold power, while Witch Hunters seek to settle long held scores. Dark Elf Assassins fill ledgers in blood and berserk Dwarf Slayers topple the mightiest of foes.

These are the days of action and adventure.

These are The End Times.

The game is launching later this year in Autumn, and we'll be talking more details before then. If you have any questions right now though, fire away and we'll try our best to answer them!

2. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    And here are some in-game screens...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Welcome back! Great news, you're on the TA frontpage as well.
    Oh, and: the screenshots look really good!

4. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Amazing!!! So psyched for this. WHQ remains one of my all-time favorite mobile games so this is a very exciting announcement. Looking forward to any and all news, testing opportunities, feedback options, etc.

5. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    You were up late! I can't tell you how happy I am about this, I thought I'd never see another game from you guys. I'm still working my way through Deathwatch at the moment. Please, please, please include the Pit Fighter if you can :)

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    SO HYPED FOR THIS!!!!

I have like a million questions already :)

I'm assuming it will follow the steps of its predecessor, so premium title with expansions DLCs (and maybe new characters).
    How big is the party?
    I see two characters in the screenshots (feathered helms are super cool...imperial guards?)
    Will the dungeon be random (or semi random) with the rooms that are 'built' every time you cross the door, like the old WHQ and the boardgame (original and the new Silver Tower)?
    And in particular...will you be able to digress from the main quest with random parts (as the white quests in WHQ)?
    For some reason, maybe it's the bases, I get a Hunters vibe as well, which is awesome.
    Is it fully 3D, like Deathwatch?
    Will loot appear on the characters?
    Lightening seems awesome already and I recognize the same awesome effect I loved in WHQ, with light that reflect differently according to the surface (gold, metal, wood, concrete...)....will it be realtime?
    I saw bats, rats, spiders and minotaurs....will humanoid enemies have different (visible) equioement, like the Orcs in WHQ (another thing I loved)?

Just technical stuff...I'll save the campaign and setting questions for later :p

7. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Thanks all! It's good to be back!!

So, questions questions. Some things we aren't talking about yet, but here's a round up of the things I can answer...

Party size is now roster based. Can now have multiple Warriors from the same class. Look closely at the screenshots and you'll see there are the two Empire Captains, and also another playable class!!

Dungeons. Some will be totally random like the white quests in WQ1. Others will be part of the story campaign and will have pre-made parts to them.

The game is totally 3D this time. You can rotate and zoom the camera to your heart's content!!

Look carefully at the enemies in the screenshots. Those beastmen have a variety of weapons. Maces, axes, bows, etc. Depending on the weapon the enemy is holding, it will affect their behaviour AND the type of damage they do to your Warriors!

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    This is all too awesome, thanks!!!

About the party...so you are saying I could have a full party of Empire captains, or dwarves warriors or an all elf party?
    (Assuming they are in game, just as an example).

That would be rad....always dreamed about playing Warhammer Quest with 2 barbarians.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Heh, then I want a party of all crusade-y fanatic Priests of Sigmar; and a bunch of bloodthirsty Darkelf Witches ;)
    Full 3D is excellent.

One request: Please don't do that silly "turn iPad to access inventory" thing again. A normal button will do just fine.

Oh, and: Any plans for betatesting outside your studio?

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Cool to see the Dark Elf Sorceress shoulder on shoulder with an Empire captain, Silver Tower style.

Possibilities are endless.
    These will be a very long spring and summer waiting for the game.

11. hazmatte

hazmatte Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I'll second that request. It was an interesting concept, but I found it awkward in reality to keep rotating my iPad.

REALLY looking forward to this! I have loved ALL of the Rodeo games and was so bummed when they closed up shop.

12. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Such great news. The original was Rodeo's finest title in my eyes.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Zoomed in and out every nook and cranny of the screenshots for hours.

Loving what I see.

Warhammer Quest is my game of the forever and I still do a hardcore run-through 2-3 times per year.

I really hope this spiritual sequel follow the steps of its predecessor (and double the success...I would still pay for WHQ expansions and I know I'm not the only one.
    Besides pure awesomeness the original WHQ had its staying power out of the roof with the white quests and tons of different loot.
    After hundreds of hours I still find new things and some things....I saw them just once (like the Hammer of Sigmar).
    I loved every seconds of Deathwatch too, and in some departments it was even better, but it's staying power was hampered by the weird progression (hardcore was the best mode because it was the only one where enemies had full skills and such, but you had to replay the very same campaign 3 times to get there...something I did but I bet not that many did, a pity).
    Of course things could have been different if multiplayer made it to the final version (I had the pleasure to test it, and it was really super fun).
    Also wasn't a fan of the 'hearthstone' like card drops.
    Was fine for loot, but not at all for characters...I still can't do a full Lone Wolf party....so I hope in this regard the game is more similar to WHQ too because that model is not really suited to strategy games imho.

Can't really wait to hear more about this....hopefully a gameplay video.

They really nailed the grim and dark look of the setting, and the visuals really make them come alive.
    Reminds me a lot the dioramas I love when I go to the local GW shop.

I know I'll spend hours and hours moving the camera for screenshots (like I did in Deathwatch, for the matter).

14. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Yes Pitta, you can have a party exclusively full of Empire Captains if you like.

Nullzone, don't worry, we won't be doing that inventory thing again. Lesson learned!

Also, yes, we'll be beta-testing outside of the studio. Will be easiest to go to http://perchang.com/index.html and sign up for the newsletter. Those will contain any new info like that.

There are no hearthstone-like card drops in this one.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The more you feed us with infos, the more the waiting is painful.

Hurry up :p

16. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Signed up for the newsletter, I really cannot wait for any and all info on this.

Are any of the shadows going to be dynamic? Do you intend to put in any IAP at launch? Will it be f2p or a premium game?

I don't mind the card drops in deathwatch although I do wish items and marines became less likely to turn up the more you have of them.

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I strongly hope the title is premium with eventual paid (tons of) expansions DLC, maybe characters.
    I always thought their previous titles were underpriced but this is the sad AppStore reality.

Shadows look really cool in the screenshots.
    I wish they would be dynamic but maybe we aren't technologically at that point yet...it would be super cool anyway (even a mix of prebaked and dynamic).

One thing I've noticed is that (maybe just my imagination) the lightning looks like in the first WHQ.
    Notice the barrels, the shields and the doors metal inserts. They seem to reflect light differently according to the surface.
    You can see the same barrels with different angles in different screenshots.
    Something that was very cool in the first WHQ too...maybe I'm the only one but I wasted hours moving the camera around making the runes in the floor/shattered doors shine etc...

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @RodeoBenjamin: Thanks! Signed up for your newsletter.

19. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Rodeo we're my favourite developer of all time on iOS and was super disappointed when I read they had shut shop. Totally were not expecting this!!

I'm calling GOTY already #

Subscribed to the newsletter!

20. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Thanks Sloany! It's good to be back in the Warhammer saddle!

On lighting and reflections. We're using a mixture of techniques. Realtime and static shadows. Baked specular. All materials support pbr, which helps define how light hits different surfaces. Woods, metals, etc

We're not talking about the pricing structure yet, but if you've played the original Warhammer Quest....you get the idea ;)