Modern Combat 6 Versus

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Allstars Production, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFXvr_rSsI0

Gameloft has just teased trailer of new Modern Combat 6 versus. This game won't have campaign, it will be massively multiplayer& And 6 as you can see, it will be futuristic shooter like BO3 and COD IW .One of the few details Gameloft has confirmed concerning Modern Combat Versus is that it's "focused exclusively on multiplayer gaming". Indeed, the French publisher follows up that statement by claiming that it's "designed to host eSport events".

As the name suggests, Modern Combat Versus will be a highly competitive, exclusively multiplayer experience. Given the eSports focus, we're expecting its controls to be extremely tight and skill based. It'll be fascinating to see how Gameloft balances that with making an accessible mobile game.
    It's sounds like an obvious point given the multiplayer focus, but it's worth driving home. Gameloft's language suggests that there will be no traditional single player element to Modern Combat Versus.

In other words, there'll be no campaign. If that's what you played Modern Combats 1 through to 5 for, you're in for a sharp disappointment.The limited gameplay footage and art assets that we've seen point to a near-future setting for Modern Combat Versus. This is evidenced by the funkily armoured protagonists (and antagonist?).

It's not just how this armour looks that gives us that future feeling. It promises to have a very real impact on the way Modern Combat Versus plays...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFXvr_rSsI0

2. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    The campaign in mc5 was a joke so no big loss. Modern combat officially dead .

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Well,I guess RIP to the MC franchise. MC5 was pretty bad with those short campaign missions and the story was pointless but I still liked having a SP aspect and I am pretty sure a lot of other people did too.

I think it's time for Gameloft to understand that graphics in a game are important but gameplay and content is very important too.

This Vivendi deal,I had such high hopes for it but it turns out nothing good came out of it.

4. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Well said, I was hoping Vivendi would turn things around .

5. richdmoore

richdmoore Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Disappointed that there will be no single player. I have the mfi controller ready to go if another company wants to put a full FPS experience on iOS (without being too hobbled by micro transactions/free to play mechanics.)

6. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Gameloft = freemium games with the usual outrageous priced IAP's...no thanks.

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Me to but sadly I don't think we will see it. I remember playing mc 1 and 2 and loving the single player

8. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Unless you got an offline mode I will stick to COD BO3
    Just stream it on my device.
    Better, with no In app purchase BS.
    but I hope your game is a success, en if I might not contribute to it.
    GOOD LUCK ,