Game ideas

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Yourplague, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Yourplague

Yourplague Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    #1 Yourplague, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Not every gamer can make his/her own games come to life and not every developer can come up with the creativity to make good games.So lets help each other out! Post your ideas below of a game you would like to see come to ios or expand on another persons idea.And hopefully our ideas can inspire a developer to make it come to life, and if not it still would be interesting to see everyones ideas.
    A game i would like to see come to ios would be a zombie survival mmo. Granted zombies are rather overused on ios, but i want it to be about survival, not another shootem up game. Things it should have are...
    -Sneak system (such as hiding in tall grass and waiting for a horde to pass by)
    -i want it to stress tactics, solo players are at a disadvantage
    -clan system
    -fully accessible houses that can be fortified as a clan base
    -Clan bases can be upgraded by using thing scavenged from the outside world
    -a PvP system(such as raiding enemy bases for loot or simply taking it over)
    -Crafting
    -Special Zombies(some can be used as holiday events for limited edition items)
    -Stresses the use of melee, as guns without suppressers will attract zombies
    -Classes(such as snipers, tanks,assasins)
    -blackmarket
    -huge map
    -Quests(obviously)
    Thats all i can think of at the moment MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Goddess of the Sky - an Organ Trail-style ascent of Mount Everest

The game would be titled Goddess of the Sky, which is the literal translation of the Nepali name for Everest ("Sagarmatha"). Your objective is to start from base camp, reach the summit, and make it back to the base...or not. You'd have a randomly assigned team of four climbers, chosen from a variety of personality and perks. Based on these characters, you have to strategically pre-plan for the ascent, from hiring Sherpas to purchasing bridging ladders and more durable tents and equipment. Any and all your team will be able to die. If your entire team dies or you're forced to be rescued, that's game over

Then you'd have to plan each day of your climb. Certain activities would take more time to complete, be more risky or less risky, have various consequences for your team. You'd also have to consider weather systems and ground stability, stopping to feed and rest your team, oxygen levels at higher altitudes, sickness and frostbite, different mountaineering dangers, etc. Routes that were viable before may not be available after a storm or avalanche occurs. You also have to keep your team moral and focus up by resting often and in safe places, granting recreational time, and choosing relatively safe routes. But will you put the goal of reaching the top before the safety and well-being of your team?

So for example: you're halfway up Everest. Thanks to the wealthy climber on your team, you have better laptops and a support station at base and thus can more accurately predict the path and strength of a coming storm. You need to move your current camp and get to a safer location. The less risky route would be more time consuming and if you lose time, you may find your team trapped in the storm. But the risky route will take you through an unstable area with a high percentage of resulting in an avalanche.

One of your team is already suffering from mild frostbite so you decide to take the safer but longer route and rest less to gain more time. But this results in one of your exhausted team members falling into a crevasse. Now you have to choose between taking time to wait for a rescue team or moving on and saving the rest of your team from the incoming storm. Leaving the man behind would take a hit on your team's morale and focus for the rest of the expedition.

The game visuals would be a simple map of the mountain, with various overlays that display weather systems and stability. Hazards like crevasses, areas that require climbing, iced over slippery areas, etc. would be displayed on the map too. Your team would be represented by a group of four icons whose color represent their status.

More ideas could be:
    - A competitive multiplayer mode in which players each control a team and try to claim the summit and return to base first
    - A historic mode, where you only have the equipment and gear of certain eras
    - Modifiers such as no supplemental oxygen, solo ascent, rescue team (goal is to reach as many trapped or stranded climbers as possible before a storm hits), etc.
    - New Game Plus: successfully completing an expedition grants you special funding for your next trip, team members that have made the climb are more experienced on future trips, and unlock special perks and traits since they're becoming known famous climbers

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I would like to have a robot combat game, where you write code/scripts for your robot and then battle other players programmed bots in an arena.

Ie: the code lets you turn, move, scan to see what's in front And shoot. Played a game like this years ago.

4. Yourplague

May 7, 2012
    I think that would be awesome side game to a app that teaches you code, i feel like theres not enough gamers that know code for that to be a hit. But i love the idea.

5. Yourplague

May 7, 2012
    I would buy this,I loved the oregon trail and if made the right way this would be a insta-buy in my book.Awesome idea man!

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game exists haha, it's called RoboArena. Minus the actual coding. It was directions

7. Bronxsta

Equalizer Rush

A twitchy reflex game, where you guide your ship down a five lane track. The twist would be that the challenge is generated from the songs you play and pillars would burst from the floor, slam down from the ceiling, gaps would open up on the track as you race ahead.

Imagine how the bars of an equalizer move to the music
    [​IMG]

Then imagine that as a 3D track, with the lanes shifting and moving to the music as you race towards the finish

8. Yourplague

May 7, 2012
    Well arnt you a ball of creativity, i would of never thought of this.Another great idea!

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    A game where you repeatedly point and shoot your machine guns at enemies as you run, earn cute camos for your gun, and call for dogs.

10. Bronxsta

Ha, yeah, I'm a game dev at heart so I'm always coming with game ideas I'd like to pursue one day. But I'll try not to hog up your thread :)

11. Yourplague

May 7, 2012
    Haha no worrys man, anytime you have a idea for a game that you want to share feel free to post it here.I would love to hear them!

12. I swear to god I've played a game like this before...I play it every year...darn it, I can't remember what it's called! I doubt anyone else will know what I'm talking about though, it's not extremely successful or anything...

13. I want to see a music visualizer game like beat hazard, but more like robotron.

14. Yourplague

May 7, 2012
    Another game I'm dying for is a civilization mmo where you start from the ground up.Start off as a peasant in another mans kingdom and work your way up as a warrior! Earn fame and glory, from fighting in battles between kingdoms (start off as a pawn in the front lines and work your way up to controlling your own battalion.) To taking on dangerous quests such as challenging dungeons. And use the fame and glory to gain followers, buy weapons, armor(and not just for you but your followers as well) And eventually,set out on a adventure to a new land where you can build your own kingdom or kill the current king and steal his thrown!(will effect your morality, also success greatly depends on the citizens opinions of the king)From here you start off small building your defenses,resources,army,etc. Hell even establishing a economy(import, export, the whole 9 yards).As a king the people of your land are always looking up to you for guidance or even to handle disputes how you handle them will define you and your kingdom.(fearsome king,scumbag king, strategic king, lovable king, etc.Depending on how you choose to run your kingdom will change how people view you.It can be your saving grace or even open up doors to your demise )As you grow, new players might come an settle in your kingdom such as you settled in another mans kingdom so long ago, how you treat them is up to you. They can be your greatest allyor your most hated enemy in the future.Wars can be fought in many different ways, such as assassination, sabotage, espionage, and my favorite the slash an gash.Battles will have a cofc type of overview where you can direct your troops,and on top of that the ability to join the battle on any front that needs you to take full control of the battlefield. Im only scratching at the surface here on what i want done but i feel like itll be too overwhelming to players if i add too much. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

15. Bronxsta

Deflect Effect

A cross between Pong and a bullet hell shooter. You control each paddle with a thumb and must bounce your bullet back and forth as waves of enemies appear. Enemies will have various effects on your bullet and paddles, and missing the bullet cost a life. Lose too many lives and it's game over

Some enemies will be shielded, requiring multiple hits to defeat, or can only be attack from certain sides. Some may have anti gravity fields that reverse/alter the course of your bullet or warp across the screen, taking your bullet along. Some might leave corpse barriers behind or even effect the size and speed of your paddles

On the flip side, you can also gain special attributes and abilities for your bullets. These may range from energy trails that leave enemy damaging lasers in your wake, to magnetic paddles and slow motion, to turning your bullet into a multi-enemy cleaving saw-blade.

Graphics would combine Pong's/Space Invader's retro style with colorful flashy ability effects

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    *changes channel*

17. Bronxsta

#17 Bronxsta, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Ark

Ark would be a 2D sidescroller in the graphic style of Home or Lone Survivor. Gameplay wise, it would be a Metroidvania-style story driven sci-fi game focused on exploration and discovery, with a tone and atmosphere inspired by movies like Pandora and Moon. No platforming, or combat, maybe some light logical puzzle solving. It would be set on Ark IV, an interstellar generation ship traveling to mankind's new home.

Each playthrough, the player would awaken as a new randomly generated character, and you only have one goal: travel to the control room, check the ship logs, perform a diagnostic scan, and then return to your stasis pod. Complete that and your playthrough is over. You only have a limited time to complete this task before a biological failsfe kicks in and you black out

But it's not that simple. There's an entire ship to explore, and as you explore, your maps is filled in. Leave it behind for the next awakee to find because if you black out, the next person will have to locate and retrieve the map from the spot where you fainted

Exploring the ship would reveal a number of different stories, from the reasons of why we left Earth to the darker mysteries of Ark IV...like why exactly are you programmed to black out. There would be no dialogue or text boxes, stories would be told through the environment and atmosphere. There may even be random events that pop after certain intervals of awakenings, like another stasis pod opened and empty, or the diagnostic scans detecting a foreign presence onboard the ship.

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahahaha I laughed way too hard at this

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    The Swag Attack

(I'm great with names)

A 2D side scrolling stealth game where you traverse dark corridors sl-

Nevermind I was basically about to describe Mark of the Ninja minus the ninjas

20. Yourplague

May 7, 2012
    How about a game of life? Start off as a broke college kid who just got his bachelors .The goal of the game is to work your way to the top in any industry before you die.Your score is you worth.Compete with friends or simply explore various careers.Have a wife and kids, build a beach house.Whatever you can do irl its possible in game.