Unofficial Disc Drivin' Tourney 2014

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dosch033, Jan 4, 2014.

1. glennarbor

glennarbor Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Hey i'm late for the tourney, but wanted to post here to see if anyone is still watching this thread.
    This is easily my favorite iOS game ever, and I know there's a hardcore fanbase our there.
    What troubles me is a lack of updates, they have gotten fewer and farther apart over the past 3.5 years.
    I emailed the developer trying to get an idea what his plans are, he replied and didn't really specify. I did suggest he think about dd2 , or adding tracks as iap, i'd pay 99 cents for 3 tracks if he released them every 2 months or so. Even suggested a kick starter to keep the servers running. I'd encourage anyone else interested to email them and offer encouragement as well [email protected]
    I just don't want to see this game become abandonware.

2. jaggles

jaggles New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    I registered just to add this reply. This is hands-down the best, most addictive game I've ever played for iOS. I've been playing daily for the last ~2 years. Unlike other awesomely addictive games (e.g. Candy Crush, etc.) this game does not get boring.

If in-app purchases were added to allow us to buy extra tracks, these developers would make a killing. The trick would be finding a way to allow some users to purchase tracks without limiting their ability to play against other users who may not have purchased the tracks. I'm sure they've already thought about this.

Pixelocity, If you're reading this, PLEASE allocate some of your resource time back to Disc Drivin'. Danger Boat is great, but it is nothing compared to the simple perfection that is Disc Drivin'.

I feel like they're sitting on a gold mine with this game's potential, and they don't realize it.

3. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    As replied on the other DD thread...

I also spoke with the devs recently via email - myself and a large group of friends have played this online every single day since release, we all have multiple turn based races always on the go. As soon as one of us wins a race another 4-player race begins.

This is one of those turn-based games that I don't think enough people appreciate how much fun and just how good it is.

I'm still praying they'll do a Disc Drivin' 2 and most of the active user base I'm sure would be willing to pay more - I mean how many apps or games can you say have remained on your device for 2-3 years and get played EVERY DAY??