Good Google Cardboard/VR games for iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dancj, Aug 25, 2016.

1. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I just picked up a cheap Google Cardboard device for £3 from Tiger and it's actually rather awesome.

So far though, games that are actually good seem to be few and far between.

Notable ones I've found so far are:
    Vanguard V
    InMind VR
    InCell VR

They're all very short though. Does anyone know any other good games or apps for Google Cardboard?

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #2 Dailon80, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Your key word is Apple
    I have a VR headset and it's a cheaper model but I'm very limited because I have apple and not android
    Apple is so far behind on VR it's stunning it's like they just simply are ignoring it! Anyways you can go to YouTube and watch any video in VR! Any and that's what I mainly use mine for I even found Jurassic park and FF spririts within in 3D and it was great watching those. But again with apple especially when it comes to games good luck cuz Apple is way behind
    The person who is head of the company I ordered my headset from even told me because I didn't have android my experience with it would be very limited.

This new generation of VR is so mindblowing especially the 360 VR vids which by the way you can find on YouTube as well. U have to download the YouTube app and you will see in the settings for each video a button for VR push that and any video that exists on YouTube can be viewed VR!

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yeah. I've tried YouTube with it. It's okay for the 360° videos - but without 3D they're a bit lacking. I found a few good proper 3D videos in Jaunt VR though.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Jaunt is nice
    yesh the 360 3D content is very lacking for sure
    We are just in it early it's coming though
    With the more expensive headsets big things are coming like Fallout 4, minecraft VR is already a such thing you just have to have android and a certain headset it's the Sony one that's around 80-100$ but it's not through Apple
    What I like too is Netflix and Hulu VR which are a such thing but again no Apple and have to have a certain headset... Looks nice too
    We are just early birds and it's all gonna get better and eventually down the road affordable :)
    AR is also promising

I ordered my VR headset from China
    It's a nice piece for the price just wish I had android for it and then I would be set up nicely