OS 3.0 compatibility

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by don_k, Jun 14, 2009.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Are the current big-name games compatible with OS 3.0? What I mean by big-name games here are games like Assassin's Creed, Need For Speed, The Sims, Sonic, Cooking Mama, etc.

The developers seem to never update them, so if they aren't OS 3.0 compatible, would we not be able to play them anymore?

2. Sev

Sev Active Member

Jun 11, 2009
    every current game will all play with 3.0 no problem. now if they're taking benefit and get optimized for it is another story.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Every game is being tested under 3.0 (past games included) any game that doesn't work under it will be REMOVED from the appstore until they patch it to work.

So far I have yet to come across a game that completely failed but if it happened the dev would be forced to patch it if they plan on making any more money.

4. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    I got a 3.0 compatability update for Assassins Creed today. The only app that I have had a problem with since loading 3.0 GM is AppSniper which will not load but it was buggy before so no great lose.

5. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    So this could be why Edge was removed! I never thought about it this way!:D:eek:

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I don't have AC, but WWG also got a 3.0 compatibility update today. Can anyone else with Gameloft games tell me if their games have all been updated? I have Ferrari GT, HoS lite and Terminator Salvation lite but they don't seem to have 3.0 update.

AppSniper has always been buggy. It's a useful app but very inconvenient to use as everytime I scroll too fast it 99% crashes.

7. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
  8. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Well all of my apps, even those that have not recieved an update for 3.0 work just fine.

9. CloudStryder

CloudStryder Active Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #9 CloudStryder, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
    i have looked around but havent seen any info apart from it supposedly releasing on 17th of this month-- but since you guys are talking about 3.0, is it released? or is it just for the iphone peoples not touch peoples yet?

nvm, no sleep-- guessing you guys are beta testing via redsox's sig.

10. lorry9

lorry9 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    i was wondering the same thing,i got a touch,i dont if do the updates for it or not.

11. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    No not everyone here has 3.0 because you have to either be a dev or working with a dev to get it. I know a developer that has allowed me to download it. It is releasing June 17th and there is info listed on apples web site. Again all apps appear to be working fine on it.

12. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are a fair number of apps that will have glitches the day 3.0 hits. There are currently a lot of devs with 3.0 compatibility updates sitting in the review lines for weeks now, with no sign of approval. I'm currently on day 14 for two of my Lite version updates, which normally takes 4-7 days.

13. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    OS 3.0 (GMS) is out for developers (given out at WWDC earlier this past week). I am running it on my iPhone 3G and all the apps/games I have work fine on it. I've received a few updates the last two days for 3.0 compatibility pertaining to a few apps and one game. I would venture to guess more updates are coming before the 17th hits for other apps/games if the devs want to take full advantage of OS 3.0 functions.