Need for Speed or Real Racing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by worldcup1100, Jun 25, 2009.

?

Which game do you prefer?

1. Real Racing

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. Need For Speed

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Firstly, I realize that their have been two other threads created with this topic, but those were created right after Real Racing was put out and I don't see how the results could have been fair due to the TA new is better philosophy.

So, now that Real Racing has been out for 3 weeks or so and the hype has settled down, I ask you, which game is better?

Thanks and happy voting :D

2. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    still real racing to me

3. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Still Real Racing

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

what they said

5. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #5 wikoogle, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    I only have NFS: U (it's on sale so I got it), so I didn't vote.

It's a solid game. The gameplay is very simple, you don't accelerate, you just boost and just steer and it automatically accelerates for you. But it's still a lot of fun.

I think it's all about what you want though. If you prefer arcadey racers and/or enjoyed previous NFS games, you'll enjoy Need for Speed game more.

If you love more realistic racers like Forza, PGR or GT4, then you'll enjoy Real Racing More.

6. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Need For Speed

7. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Well, both are really good. Need for Speed delivers solid graphics and nice presentation and overall more polish than Real Racing. It's an arcade sim, so you'll have that turbo boost and all that junk. If you're used to having turbo boost in your racing games, NFS is the one for you.

Real Racing seriously offers REAL racing. You actually HAVE to break when turning and you HAVE to turn on the apex or whatever. There is no turbo boost so you can't have that advantage over your opponents. At first, I was really disappointed because the AI was so hard and turning was really hard. Since I paid $10, I just stuck with it and came to love it.

Overall, I picked Real Racing. Even if you like arcade racers, this one will still be a good game for you. I absolutely loved NFS when it came out and is one of the few games that I actually beat on my phone. Real Racing is another one of those games and has delivered quality that cannot be surpassed by any others. Every single option you can think of is included in Real Racing like playing iPod music, different control options, brake assist, and the list goes on. Firemint thought this game through and delivered quite an experience. Really, Real Racing is the best choice you can make.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    *sigh* It's all about preference.

The other 2 threads will tell you the same thing, if you want a fun Arcade Style racer, go with NFSU. If you want a real racing sim, you might want to go with real racing. They are 2 different games, though they are both racers.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    The only thing that is better in Need for Speed I think is the car customization which Real Racing really really needs. Real racing is better hands down other than that.

10. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Rant rant rant rant rant need for speed bad rant rant RANT not good at all Rant I personally dont think it's fun rant rant

Okay now that my rant is over I recommend you get real racing, :)

11. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    NFS runs like crap on OS 3.0 - Real Racing on the other hand is smooth.

Until EA comes out with an update to fix the lag in 3.0, there's really no comparison.

In terms of gameplay they are very different, in terms of performance RR is the clear winner.

12. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks for all the replies, and I am sort of surprised that the poll results are pretty similar to before.

13. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah Real Racing was no "new release hype only" like many other games were. It still holds up as the best racer. But Need for Speed is fun stuff too.

14. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Need for Speed for me, I like arcade racers a bit more.

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Let's break the games down into different categories:

Fun: Draw

Controls: Real Racing

Gameplay: Draw

Sound: Real Racing

Graphics: Draw

Game life: Real Racing

Replayability: Real Racing

Australian developer: Real Racing

OVERALL: Real Racing

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NFS if you love arcade racer and great graphics and customising licensed cars.

RR if you love sim racer and don't mind 'normal' tracks and cars.