Twin Blades,the new zombie slasher

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eggzbacon, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    #1 eggzbacon, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
    [hqyoutube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSI8RL7E5J0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSI8RL7E5J0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/hqyoutube]

Video 2:
    [hqyoutube]8TnnGQOCb9U[/hqyoutube]

blog: http://www.press-start-studio.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PressStartStudio
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/presstartstudio

2. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    You have been faster than us, I just published the video on Youtube ;-)

Today we announced the following :

Paris – 10/29/2009
    Twin Blades iPhone / iPod Touch

Press Start Studio and Bulkypix are announcing their collaboration to provide games on iPhone and iPod Touch.
    Bulkypix is going to publish the first Press Start game named “Twin Blades” for Christmas on Appstore.
    Philippe Rapin CEO @ Press Start: “We are very excited at the idea of working with Bulkypix on this project, they believe in Twin Blades at least as much as we do and that creates a strong collaborative relationship. The game will feature as much fun stuff as we can think of in a stylized 2D environment, players better sharpen their scythes right now for the herds of zombies are coming on their iPhone very soon!”
    Vincent Dondaine COO @Bulkypix: “Bulkypix is always focused on bringing quality and innovations, so when we saw “Twin Blades” with its unique and amazing graphic style in addition to a well balanced gameplay our first reaction was … WOW! Press Start team is brilliant and already has a lot of background in the mobile gaming field. We are sure Twin Blades is going to be a great success!”
    Twin Blades will be a frantic beat-them-all set in a medieval-fantasy zombie-filled universe. Player will have to constantly juggle between the slashing ability of his character and his ranged weapons while dodging enemy zombies, rendering a unique and palpitating gameplay.
    About Press Start Studio:
    Founded in 2009 by 5 experienced professionals, PRESS START STUDIO is an
    independent game developer committed to delivering fun game experiences with
    a pinch of je ne sais quoi to players all around the world. Their first
    game, TWIN BLADES for Iphone, comes packed full with zombies and a nun and
    is scheduled for December 2009.
    PSS is headquarted in Strasbourg, France.

About Bulkypix:
    Bulkypix is publishing and developing games and applications for iPhone and iPod Touch. The company was set up by former employees of Vivendi Games Mobile in 2008. Bulkypix’s ambition is to create innovative games, such as Hysteria Project (won the French “Revelation 2009 Milthon Award, My Brute based on the famous PC Brand, BaDaBoo a simple and addictive casual games downloaded more than 650 000 times or Daily Quizz with 5 questions per day to learn and entertain you every day.
    Bulkypix also develops and releases applications (cultural, commercial, and advertising).
    Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any projects you want to be published on the Appstore. Contact us on [email protected].
    Bulkypix website: www.bulkypix.com

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Its looks awesome! Congrats Bulky Pix!

4. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    wow looks better than tap-fu! err.. why did i even compare those two. Looking forward for some more info. :)

5. cgforce

cgforce Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Jobless
    Wow looks cool~~~~!

6. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

so far - the best game in genre

7. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Nice! Looks like another great game that is coming soon!

Cant Wait for it!:) but hopefully it will have some kind of transparent buttons or swipe gestures added!

8. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    It's funny you are talking about buttons transparency, we totally agree. The game will be enhanced version after version.
    Tonight Press Start, I am sure is really happy to see your first comments. I can say they are hard workers and brillants.

From a graphical perspective, you're right, I think animations and backgrounds are amazing :)

9. Looking very nice, good job guys.

/Mikkel

10. PureSkill

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Thats great news!
    Having transparent buttons really makes the game stand out more without your eyes being distracted too much by the buttons covering up the screen and constantly getting in the way of your view!

and yes, I am liking everything that I am seeing in the video!
    I hope that the game has a speedy submission and approval so it can come out soon!:D

EDIT: Is it suppose to come out around Christmas time?!?!

11. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Yes it is going to be released in December. All is done to be sure to be in time :)
    From now on we will post some screenshots, infos and videos before the release.
    At the same time we will be more than happy to discuss wit you all to have your feeling :)

12. Lupus

Lupus Active Member

Oct 10, 2009
    The graphics look great, but what about the combat? from the video, I only saw two variations of attacking, will there be more weapons, combos and other stuff? I guess that is a question that will probably be answered as yes but I still want to know.

13. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    looks pretty good. though i think there needs to be more than the same swing animation when you press the button on flat ground. glad to hear bulkypix is still in the game...enraged that they refuse to give us info on any hysteria project follow up -_-

good luck with the game. :)

14. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Looks badass :p

15. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Whoa... I totally love how the blood splatters on the screen. Okay, that sounds creepy, but its a nice effect to the game and its theme :D

Is there going to be a whole lot of weapons to choose from?

16. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    i'm actually in the same boat that most games could use some blood splatter on the screen. one step closer to a game that literally sprays blinding blood at your face...

17. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Yes you will be able to change weapons, but before you need to win them during the game. For each weapon you will see amazing and funny dead animations :)

18. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Any teasers for these weapons? :p

19. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Sure, I will post around one video per week ;-)

20. PureSkill

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    That would be great!

It would be something that can remind me about how great the game is until it is released and it gives little something extra to admire about the game!