Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Thanks, this combo worked. Had a couple of 4 hr fails but it eventually worked.

2. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Losing hope

I fear that this is the only dragon I will not have. I have had too many failures to count. At least I got a sun and moon egg to display...I lost track of the many 24, 14 & 12 hr fails. I guess I will burn through the rest of my gems in the next 48 hrs. Here's hoping my luck and others will change. :eek:
    After playing for 8 months you'd think I could catch a break. Maybe BFS will come through and make it easier or give us more time. I still only have one butterfly and have yet to get plasma, current or copper. So frustrated.:mad:

3. lildarien

lildarien Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I finally managed to get an emerald and i'm trying for one more just incase they take it away at the end of the month.

Hope the rest of you can get one as well, I know what its like struggling!

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4504 girlpower, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    Gem gifting

This post is to my GC friends......
    I don't know how long the emerald will still be available but there are still three of you (I think 3) who are my GC friends still trying for your first Emerald.....please correct me if I've missed someone

hooked
    Andy
    LBryan DLC now :)

I have decided to gift you three one gem per day until you either get your emerald or (don't want to say this bit....Emerald goes) :( Please don't feel obliged to pay me back, it's purely a gem gift (no strings attached)
    Have to wait till the morning....sigh

I will still be working through my IOU list, but it will take a little longer to temporarily gift you back......hope my other GC friends will be okay with my decision?
    I am personally annoyed at myself for not thinking of this sooner.....sorry you three.....but I am hoping upon hope that BS won't take Emerald away after tomorrow...so please don't give up yet and keep us posted.....

It's not nice to come on here and read you are still trying for one :mad:

5. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    #4505 apple-byte, May 30, 2012
    after getting my 24h crystal and a 48h rainbow (i think i will display this one)

[​IMG]

i just see this (again)
    http://i.pgu.me/l5T6v7_S_original.jpg
    should i display this second emerald?
    because with 12 birthstones you can only have 12 at the end

6. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4506 Foxtail2010, May 30, 2012
    I think I would hatch it and enjoy the gems it earns. Its more valuable hatched and earning. Sell it later if you run out of room. You may not be able to get all the gem dragons later. Who knows?

7. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    but 1 gem a week isn't very interesting (you can get 2 or 5 in the colloseum or 3a day by friends)

8. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I agree 1500 gems for a dragon that gives one a week. The dragons and island is very nice but you can do nothing with it boring but pretty.I think we should get a gem a day for each gem dragon.I know I have paid for this game three times over, I love this game but It sure hits your pocket book when you have more than one you like. I know my husband gets a little upset sometimes.I still like the pay for games and your done. I just want BFS to give us more to do in the game.

9. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Depends on if you think you are going to want to display one of each egg. If so then I would. You won't have a chance for another Emerald egg to display for a year. You'll have more time in June to fill up Gemstone Island wit Pearl Dragons.

10. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Don't worry, you're not alone. I started tracking my Crystal + Lichen's and the results aren't pretty:

6 Sun Dragons (yes....SIX)
    2 Rainbow Dragons
    18 Crystal Dragons
    15 Lichen Dragons
    14 Quake Dragons
    14 Cactus Dragons
    10 Storm Dragons
    8 Moss Dragons
    2 Tree Dragons
    ZERO Emerald Dragons

11. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Oh Hooked, I'm so sorry for you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and really hope that BFS will extend the deadline to the middle of June as they didn't release the emerald until the middle of may. I think that this would be fair! Sending lots of luck your way and hope that you get that 31 hour timer very soon!!

12. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    I have absolutely no problem with that at all GP!!!!

In fact I will join you in adding them to the top of my list to! (my list is rather long at the moment due to cock up in gamecentre recently, but I will pay everyone back eventually! I promise!!)

Fingers and toes crossed for everyone

13. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Decided to rename one of my Lichens "Lucky." I sent Lucky into my regular breeding cave with my favorite Crystal "Dusty" and.....31 hour timer!!!!!! Yaaay!!! Thanks so much to everyone for their encouragement and gems, and the very best part is I now have friends.:):):):) Sending lots of wishes of luck to those who are still on their Emerald quest.:)

14. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Me too!

You guys make a good point about displaying rather than hatching a second Emerald egg - and yeah - you're right - it should give up more than one gem a week! Maybe that will be an upgraded thing later.

15. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    YAAAAAY! That's so awesome! Yeah - the friend part I mean.. :D

16. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    18 Crystals!!! :eek: :eek: And again.. Eek! That list is nuts! I hate to ask how many gems you've gone thru.

I just tried for a second Emerald .. 48 hr. waaah. My other 48 will be finishing up today so I'll give it another go. Yes, I decided to keep trying till time runs out, why not? Copper is here to stay, so it can wait. But it was nice to have a break from the Emerald grind.

17. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I can do the same! Hope you guys get one soon!!

18. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Awww....sooo happy for you LB :D:D:D
    You will always treasure ‘Lucky' along with you precious Emerald.
    How cool that you have some new forum friends too... ;)

C'mon hooked and Andy.....we are anxiously waiting for you and continually sending our very best wishes to you both, including anyone else still trying....
    We do know you are trying so hard to get one and we are banding together to try and help you......this really is a great DV forum....made so by the great bunch of people on here.....you are an awesome group to be part of (sniff) ;)

19. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I sent you a request to help you out with gems.

20. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Aww spent a couple gems to boot the 48 out of EBI.. was down to final hours.. it's a Moon. (Wish we could sell them as soon as we see what they are.) Next fail was Lichen, and now another Crystal.. grrrr. I'm not counting or I might chuck my pad off the balcony/deck. Really no (big) complaints cuz I have one Em.. still hoping for the rest of us!

Hey! Just a thought here...We haven't seen the warning (or at least I haven't) that time is about out for the Em.. as in a few previous Limiteds... maybe just maybe there's a time extension.. ?