Second Chance Heroes - Tesla and friends fights the apocalypse

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lepidus, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lepidus

Lepidus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hello good people of Touch Arcade,

I wanted to take a few moments to introduce you guys to Second Chance Heroes, a game we've been working on at Rocket City Studios. We’ve built a cooperative arcade action adventure where you play as and collect historical figures to take on an apocalypse of the absurd. This is a game where you can play as Abraham Lincoln with a chainsaw and fight off a sentient cheeseburger, or mow down hordes of angry purple aliens with a cigar chomping Queen Elizabeth I.

[​IMG]

We’ve been working on this thing since early 2010, and over time it became clear that the iPad/iPhone were really where the game belonged. For launch, we’ll have 26 levels to explore, each 10-20 minutes long, and 12 historical characters. Beyond Abe and Liz, we also have an electric Nikola Tesla, wooden mech warrior Leonardo da Vinci, a ghostly Julius Caesar and many more (full roster here).

We set out to make a modern game with a very old-school feel. This is a game of power ups and explosions. We’ve been pleased to hear people compare it to games like Gauntlet. We’re not out to tell you another grim adventure of blood and gore and saving princesses. Our heroes are traipsing through a secret kingdom of Hobos, activating power-ups that make zombies dance.

[​IMG]

As we approach release – we’re almost done! – I wanted to take a chance to introduce you all to the game and, of course, hear what you think. If you have any questions at all, I’d be happy to answer them here or over on our forums.

Thanks for your time,

Dana

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This looks interesting. How close to done is "we're almost done!"?

3. Lepidus

We're doing the final tuning now (fitting a game of this scale onto an iPhone is a challenge as you can imagine). We're aiming for later this year or early next year at the latest.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The visuals are amazing! Hopefully the gameplay is as good, it sure sounds awesome

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Brilliant!

6. Lepidus

Thanks for the kind words.

One thing we're really trying to do is push the envelope of what these kinds of games can look like. Keep on following, you'll be playing in no time :)

7. guitarman85

guitarman85 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    This game looks insane! I will be waiting for it to launch! I like the premise for the characters you've used.

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    This look awesone

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Looks like something you'd find on PSN or XBL. :) Abe with a chainsaw lol

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This certainly looks good. That lady with the minigun looks wicked good.

11. Lepidus

Thanks for posting the videos. Obviously, they were from the run-up to our PC Beta. We had originally intended to go that route, but have obviously since refocused on a phone/tablet launch as it better suits the game we built.

12. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Yes, it definitly looks and sounds really great!
    Wishlist added :)

13. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Look good, any plan for release date?

14. Lepidus

We're still nailing that down, but later this year or early next is the plan.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Do you guys know pricing yet?

16. Lepidus

Our plan is a free model, but we have a somewhat different twist on it that we'll be revealing once we firm up all the details.

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hopefully maybe one where you can make the game premium after an in app purchase? :D

18. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Looks nice, is it arena based? Like dungeon hunter 3&4? I hope not. And freemium... We'll see...but definitely watching this one

19. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Is it an iPhone-game? I read something that it will be released first for iPad.

20. Lepidus

We have 26 levels, which are each custom dungeon crawls. You can play them alone (online or offline) and if you wish you can play them cooperatively. If you allow it, the game will automatically match make you, or you can join up with your friends via game center.

We're working on an iPhone version as well as an iPad version. Obviously, twin stick games are a bit easier to play on the iPad, but our goal is to have both options available.