Good Starwars Game for iPhone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Osmiral, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Who here thinks that Lucasarts or some other company should make a good starwars FPS like Jedi Outcast, or Battle Front for the iPhone. I don't think it would be that difficult (well something like battle front would be), But a starwars FPS like Jedi Outcast would be awesome on the iPod.

2. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    some ports of the DOS games would be delicious

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    How bout republic commando?
    That game was intense.

I would love battlefront 1 or 2 though. Both are great games. It would work just like one of the TPS (terminator salvation).

What if they made KOTOR for the ipod :eek:

4. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Republic Commando was amazing, I played it on my computer yet it totally beat HALO 3 for xbox. Among my top games KOTOR is pretty far up there, it would be awesome if they brought it to the iPod.

5. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 was probably one of my favorite games of all time for the PS2. I still play it to this day! Man, if they ported it to iPhone i would gladly pay $15+ for it, no matter what.

6. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

Battlefront would rock the iphone.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Order 66

I'd love to see a dual stick (or would work as a FPS) called Order 66. You are a jedi and order 66 has been given so all the stormtroopers are trying to kill you. Imaging having 5 jedi to choose, Kit Fisco or Aayla Secura, and maybe 3 terrains, jungle, city, desert. There are other traps because originally you were fighting the republic before your troopers turned on you. Using the system minigore uses it would kick glass! Just sayin'.

PS: I don't mind if a developer steals my idea cause then I can play the game:D

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Star Wars Dark Forces anyone? Plenty of 2.5D FPS games out there already, and this one was a great addition to the genre. Otherwise the sequel, Star Wars: Dark Forces II Jedi Knight would fit right in with games that are now being ported like Quake (Which id said would arrive eventually) and Hexen II.

9. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Never played Dark Forces 1 but Dark Forces 2 was Awesome! It would work really well on the iPod too.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I've played both, and they're incredibly fun. It's just like Doom but with Star Wars levels, weapons, and enemies. Check it out if you get the chance. And seeing as LucasArts is on the App Store anyway, I think one of the two could get an eventual port rather than the two lame games by THQ (although I'll admit The Force Unleashed was pretty fun for a line drawing style game, but not really for a full featured iPhone game).

11. John Harrison

John Harrison Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I'm surprised that there haven't been ports of the Lego Star Wars games. Then again, I bought both The Force Unleased and Star Wars: Trench Run and thought that both games were mediocre. TFU was all about tracing lines and Trench Run gave me none of the feel of being an X-Wing pilot.

As for the suggestions that developers make an Order 66 game, that is a great way to get sued. Years ago I made a 3D asteroids game in which ships that looked somewhat like tie-fighters attacked you. When I revamped it for the iPhone I made sure to remove anything that looked like it came from Star Wars. That is easy enought to do in a space combat game, but pretty tough to do in a lightsaber based game.