Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-02-2014, 04:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Just a few levels in, so far, but it is nice already and looks promising. I do wish there were Total leaderboards (world totals, and overall game total) instead of per level leaderboards (64 currently, not very manageable). Also there is no way I can see in-game an individual level high-score and the score calculation could be better explained. Now this calculation is zapping by and leaves me with "what just happened?"
Good point. We'll have a look at how we can describe the score calculation better to the player. Global leaderboards shouldn't bee too hard to do either. Maybe we'll even put the leaderboard button into the pause menu, so you can view them while in-game!
Ty for the great feedback!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikira View Post
Good point. We'll have a look at how we can describe the score calculation better to the player. Global leaderboards shouldn't bee too hard to do either. Maybe we'll even put the leaderboard button into the pause menu, so you can view them while in-game!
Ty for the great feedback!
Sounds good, Nikira. And congratulations on the game, I really enjoy playing it! The controls work excellent for me. There is a lot of attention to details; it is fun zooming in and for example discover the Meerkatz animations using the various abilities.

I don't know how Arcade Sushi can consider this an easy game, maybe if you aim at just passing a level (1 star), but 3-starring isn't always easy. Also, I came to value the leaderboards per level: you can see if there are better scoring solutions. I'm still baffled by some of these high-scores. And I'm still chasing them that's why I'm interested in better understanding the score calculation

A "leaderboard button into the pause menu" definitely is interesting, but don't forget offline play, so at least your own high-score should always be easily visible as well (somewhere, but pause menu is a good place). Ideal for me would be to have a Game Total leaderboard (as the first LB, so GC ranking is based on it) and per World leaderboards as well. and you could think of a "progress" leaderboard (number of levels into the game and/or number of stars), which also would be interesting for you (as developer/publisher) to see how far people get on average and such.

Only small gripe I have as controls go, is that when two Meerkatzen(?) walk very close together and I assign a "block", it seems random which gets the block. I'm not entirely sure that it always is the best to assign it to the first, but playing so far I have always wanted it to be the first, so the second turns around and doesn't get lost
Oh, and when a Meerkatz is going from a plane surface to a descending surface, it seems more difficult to assign an ability. Maybe it "jumps" a little and is in "mid-air" for a short time? Or maybe the location of the touch-sensitive area around the Meerkatz changes a bit when descending? I can try to discover that by trying to touch higher or lower. Anyway, these are really small gripes. It is that I'm always trying to push things to the limit
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

@Nikira, I see some issues with GC achievements that you might want to look into and correct in a next update. Loving the game! Lots of content to keep me busy for a while

issue 1. I played up to 2-13 now, and really have achieved the "Challenge xxx Completed" achievements up to 212 (213 not yet), however on GC I already have much more that I shouldn't have yet, namely 214-216, 301-313, and some of W4 (404, 406, 409, 410, 413-416). Some confusion here

issue 2. "Challenge 208 Completed" does not show up, but I have 3-starred 208 in under 1:40 and even when repeating it, it still doesn't show. It could be that the first time that I achieved it, I was "offline" due to internet connectivity issues at home.

issue 3. The following achievements show up as achieved: "Playing with fire", "A hiss from above" and "The eagle has landed", but I didn't die in any fire or got eaten by any snake or eagle. Yet! I'm sure it will happen further in the game
Old 08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Excellent lemmings game. More people should play this! I went back to W1 and could improve on some of the GC high-scores I'm now in the third world and it already is not easy to three-star the levels. Word on the street is that W4 is even more challenging Yeah!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Hi Nikira, is there news about an updated release? I'm looking forward to shine on the global leaderboards

What are the chapters called? I found the first three only: Serengeti, Jungle, Cave
Old 08-23-2014, 11:42 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

I noticed when replaying a level that Meerkatz is submitting the latest score for that level and not the high-score. Since Game Center is not updating for several days now this will mean that my high scores will be lost? I hope that Travian Games can update the game to change this behavior. It will be important too to allow for offline play in general (I'm in a plane a lot, and the game should be robust against connectivity problems anyway)
Old 08-26-2014, 10:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Hey @saosijs, sorry for the delay in my response! The whole team has been working hard on the next update for Meerkatz Challenge!

Sadly, we've had to put off the global leaderboards for a while, due to the priorization of other bugs and features. E.g. we've had to fix a major issue with the iPhone 4.

We're still investigating the issue with the achievements, but we've fixed the part with the highscore submission first.

This update will go to apple towards the end of this week, then we'll have to wait for their okay to put it live. If everything goes well, our players should be able to download a new version of Meerkatz Challenge next week. Then we'll tackle the other issues you've mentioned.

Our chapters are called Serengeti, Jungle, Cave and Temple. We're also working on an additional chapter that you guys will soon receive for free
Old 08-26-2014, 12:49 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Thanks Nikira! Excellent news to hear that you are actively working on and planning many things! Looking forward to the updates!

I'm now well in the Temple chapter (4th chapter, challenging the good way!) and realized some other small improvement is welcome: it is when zooming out of the levels that the black bar on the left is sometimes complicating to have a good overall view. Level 4-9 is a good example, because it has the exit on the left. Maybe the black bar should be made a little bit more transparent or, if there is more level area to show, allow more zoom out. And the ability buttons have the opposite problem, these are too transparent and become hardly visible
Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Something small I observed: I just finished 409 and that opened 410 for me, but for some reason it already had set the firefly marker and there is no firefly in the level to find. This happened with other levels too. Maybe somewhere in your code the levels are confused, like the code looks at 310 where it should be 410 or something similar
Old 09-03-2014, 11:34 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Default What's New in Version 1.2.0

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- added new HD quality graphics
- fixed black textures on iPhone 4 / iPod touch
- performance improvements
Looks good! The "finish" button now has a more visible glow. The transparency of that black bar on the left improved (level background is visible now).

Curious that some fireflies got unmarked in Cave world (third world) levels 302, 303, 305, 306, 309, 312 and 314, but I don't mind about that. I already have level 316 opened and I will replay these levels at some point anyway to try to improve my score