Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-11-2014, 09:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Tilt to Live: Gauntlet's Revenge

Quote:
Gauntlet mode first appeared in the original Tilt to Live. Rather than hopping from weapon to weapon, it was about navigating a parade of deadly traps with precision and good timing. It was a fun mode, but there were a few things we wish we’d done better. The difficulty was fairly flat, and the enemy formations lacked variety. We retooled it for Tilt to Live HD as a single screen bullet hell mode, but we always wanted another crack at that “precision endless runner”, “tilt platformer” feel.

When it came time to think up a second DLC for Tilt to Live 2, getting a chance to finally do Gauntlet justice was high on our list. Once a few enemies and track pieces were in the prototype, all sorts of interesting ideas came up. What if you could reach some kind of bonus room if you survived long enough? I have a lot of leftover obstacle ideas; what if we did a few different Gauntlets?

Rather than cutting our ideas down to make DLC for Tilt to Live 2, we’re running with them in our first Tilt to Live spin-off: Gauntlet’s Revenge. Development is already underway for iOS and Android, and we expect to be ready for release later this year.
Oh my goodness!

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-11-2014 at 09:12 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 09:26 AM

Hmm...interesting info Pete.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:00 AM

Gauntlet was always my least favorite mode.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Hi all,
Just a minor update for Tilt to Live fans:

If you're wanting to try a very early build and provide feedback as we close in on finalizing the features and levels, we're hosting a sign up page for those interested:

Gauntlet's Revenge Sign Up

If you want to know more about the game itself, you can check out our main page in my signature below. Thanks!

Last edited by OneManLeft; 07-29-2014 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-29-2014, 02:45 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm a little upset about you guys releasing a new game so soon. I've bought all of the tilt to live games and all the iap. But you guys make the best so I'm still very excited. Any hope for new updates to tilt to live 2 like new weapons? It's weird that every person that I showed this game they could not get into it at all. I need some new friends, lol. Anyways, I would love to beta test this.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:02 PM

Oh wow, didn't even realize this was a separate game, thought it was more DLC.

And yeah, building off what coolpepper said, I always preferred the first TTL. The weapons weren't as fun in TTL2 and didn't meld together as nicely