Universal Parasol - 3D puzzler - Coming May 22 (by markybola)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by markybola, May 12, 2014.

1. markybola

markybola Member

Feb 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hey there, everyone!

With its release just around the corner, I think it's about time I told you guys about my new game, Parasol. I’m a one-man Australian developer and this is my first release. It’s just been approved by Apple, so I’m really excited to finally be able to share it with you.

Parasol forces you to think in three constantly changing dimensions. Using simple touches and gestures to manipulate the entire environment, up becomes down, left becomes right, and players must reorient themselves with their surroundings.

Players rotate the game world by sliding their finger and using twist gestures, and with a tap, tell Parasol to drop to a lower block. Reach the apple to finish the level.

Here's the teaser trailer:

Some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features

- Innovative 3D puzzle gameplay
    - 40 levels
    - Game Center achievements
    - Unlockable hats
    - No In-App Purchases

Parasol will be released worldwide on the 22nd of May for $0.99 USD, $1.29 AUD, £0.69, 0,89 € etc.

Thanks for checking out Parasol. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

- Mark

www.markybola.com

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Looks fun, definitely check this out next week :)
    Puzzle looks really innovative

3. markybola

markybola Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Cheers! Hope you enjoy it :)

4. anuloid

anuloid Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Really innovative puzzle model, will work great. The only impediment I think the monetization model you've choosen. Freemium model would probably work better in this case imho, say like Smash hit monetization model.
    In general, really nice work done by one man only :)

5. markybola

markybola Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Thank you! As for the monetisation model, I wanted to keep it simple for my first game. I have some ideas for future projects which could use different models, but for this one it just felt neater to have the up-front premium which includes all the release content and any additions that may come later on.

Thanks again, it certainly was a task!
    - Mark.

6. anuloid

anuloid Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Based upon our experience, our freemium model turned to be 4-5 times more cost-effective than paid one (talking about the same game).
    Anyway, lets hope you'll engage quality traffic for your game. Keep us informed how it's going on.

- My best