iPhone Ultima Forever

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MacrosTheBlack, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
  2. Krebmart

Krebmart Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Ultima 4 "reimagined" as an action RPG? That is freemium? This has the distinct smell of disaster. Worse, a disaster that trashes a beloved game that ushered in the first golden age of RPGs.

3. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
  4. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I cried inside..

..okay maybe a few tears to.

5. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Maybe he's just a bitter person and the game is really good... I'll keep holding out hope until I play it :)

6. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    yes, interesting...a little too angry mabye

7. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    A bit bewildering to me why they would use "Ultima" for what this sounds like being. The audience that the title is likely to attract aren't likely to...like the game. As evidenced already. And anybody to whom this sort of game might actually appeal, aren't likely to feel much connection to the title. So very strange. It actually seems highly likely to me that the game will either never see completion, or the complete game will remove itself from the Ultima connection entirely. Or not. I actually don't really care. Would pay $100 for a straight up, optimized port of Ultima V on my iPad though.

8. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #8 iANiMeX, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Dude was angry. Makes me want to try the game.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    As someone who replays yearly The Black Gate and has his cloth map framed near the bed (wife is jelous, mind you :p ) I already know it would be an utter mess when I read LADY BRITSH (WTF????).

I would pay whatever for an Exult port on iPad.
    Or a proper Ultima 7 with adapted UI.

10. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    Can we just have old school Ultima Online adapted to touch screens? That would be rad.

So so many hours poured into that game...

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #11 psj3809, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    Yep must admit i would love the original Ultima IV with its very old graphics, a while back there was someone trying to port the game but its been so long i think its mostly vapourware.

I hope Ultima Forever does well, wont start slating or moaning about it yet, need to see an actual demo/video of it. With Baldurs Gate coming out and also Ultima Forever it 'could' be a great time for RPG fans

I wish there was an 'offline' version of it but seems like it'll be online. Still looking forward to it just a pain if i have to always have a net connection

12. tdunaj

tdunaj Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Good to know, at the very least to not to get expectations too high in advance

13. I used to love the Ultima series so long ago on my Commodore 64. If they recreate one, I would hope they make it from scratch, but those were fun games... Brings back a lot of memories.

14. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    As long as it was classic UO, or perhaps even T2A (but nothing beyond that), it would be beyond rad. I have a wife and kids that I would like to keep, however, so I pray it never happens. :D

I am interested in seeing how this turns out, though. I'm keeping my expectations appropriately low, of course, since Richard Garriot has nothing to do with this.

15. graffekta

graffekta Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    London
    T2A for sure! I stopped playing after that so never saw the 3D remake they released.

Looks like it's still going! www.uoherald.com

16. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    *knock knock* Anyone there? This game had so much steam, yet the fire seems to be put out.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here, at least the title of the game is good as its taking FOREVER to come out.

Just wish they could port Ultima IV to keep us happy, that had very old skool graphics but had a huge open world to explore, would love to play that again. Sometimes they dont have to bother with new 3d models etc, just chuck out Ultima IV !!

From what i read before Ultima Forever was going to be a free multiplayer game, that already makes me nervous, no doubt freemium crazy

18. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    "Go show those thieves the Compassion this sword is made of !" This is gold! :D

I'm an Ultima noob - I just purchased Ultima VII from gog not that long ago. And I am still slowly going through Underworlds. And of course, Ultima IV.

Being more of a console rpg gamer, I still am surprised how much this series has influenced rpg's from the NES up to today. Even when reviews and other players say such and such a game is something fresh or new.

19. tmo50

tmo50 New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Been trying to follow this one for a while. Release date announced today as Spring 2013. Trailer also added to the website.

http://ultimaforever.com/

20. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Looking pretty awesome!