• Publisher: Game Stew
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.6
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Step into the boots of a true hero in Gargoyle Ruins, the prequel to Game Stew's first title and TouchArcade's Arcade 2012 Game Of The Year--Tower of Fortune! With your companion by your side it is your hero's duty to save a wealthy kingdom where girls are kidnapped by gargoyles once a year. Solve the mystery and defeat the evil forces in this retro VFD tabletop arcade game inspired by the early Game & Watch games!

Features
- Retro-style visuals with funny animation and detailed 8-bit art
- 7 fun and challenging games to enjoy including Princess Rescue, Dead Mans Gold, Queens Chamber, and more
- Play Story Mode to unveil the mystery behind the troubled kingdom as you equip the hero and upgrade the game with over 50 pieces of content to take on the next rewarding challenge
- Arcade mode lets you challenge other player's high scores and see your ranking in the world
- From getting stabbed, drowned, or burned, prepare to die in more than 13 unique ways during your journey
- 40 challenging achievements to conquer if you have what it takes to be a hero

-----------------------------------------------------------
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/TowerofFortune

Gameplay Movie
http://youtu.be/8cv-TIUTgyc

Sanuku's comments:

04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
The game looks pretty decent as a small diversion, but I'm going to pass for now. Maybe when I itch for something a little more bite sized I'll give it a shot.
04-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Game Stew? Instabuy. Got to support them, because their sense of storytelling and graphic style is so inspiring and unique. I like TOF and War of Eclipse very much.

This one is a bit tricky for me. I don't get how the controls work. I remember the "Game and Watch" stuff from the past but they had physical controls. With gargoyle ruins i seem to always touch the wrong area of the screen resulting in unending failings. Nevertheless I have the feeling, that this will be quite a lot of fun, once I figure out how to actually play it

Last edited by Pickman; 04-18-2013 at 12:27 PM.
04-19-2013, 12:17 AM
I been playing this and it's pretty cool. I like the fact that it has the G&W gameplay with the kind of gothic medieval castle. It's not as easy to play as a game and watch I find cause the timing and graphics of the enemies seems a bit harder to predict. Haven't figured out if that's part of the game style though. Also lots of power ups and such to be gained
*Rated 5 stars to offset the obliglitory douche 1 star rating, would say 4 star for me

Last edited by drloony; 04-19-2013 at 12:21 AM.
04-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I love this series of games, could be a little faster between the rounds but other than that another simple jem from Game Stew.
04-19-2013, 02:54 PM
I messaged the developer on Facebook about the controls. They replied saying they will be adding a Joypad control option in an update