iPad: Wayward Manor (by The Odd Gentlemen/Moonshark)

07-26-2013, 08:39 AM
#1
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,546
Wayward Manor (by The Odd Gentlemen/Moonshark)


"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-26-2013 at 08:45 AM.
07-26-2013, 10:26 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Huzzah!!!!I saw this at pocket gamer...Neil Gaiman Working on a game!!!!!Im 10000%Sold!!!!

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"

07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,262
I am a big fan of Neil's novels and, of course, his Sandman comics/graphics novels. His talents combined with such a top notch developer is sure to yield something brilliant.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
07-27-2013, 06:50 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Whats odd is TA still haven't featured this yet,because this is such a big deal...All the major gaming sites from IGN,gametrailers and so on and so forth have discussed this...Even the mobile games sites such as PG,pocket tactics and etc...Unless they feel its not needed due to the late timing it will be tackled..

Not even a hint of a buzz here...Hhhmm,maybe there aren't many Neil Gaiman fans here...

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
07-27-2013, 08:02 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
Whats odd is TA still haven't featured this yet,because this is such a big deal...All the major gaming sites from IGN,gametrailers and so on and so forth have discussed this...Even the mobile games sites such as PG,pocket tactics and etc...Unless they feel its not needed due to the late timing it will be tackled..

Not even a hint of a buzz here...Hhhmm,maybe there aren't many Neil Gaiman fans here...
I've actually met him a couple of times -- he's an acquaintance of my best friend. Nice, down-to-earth guy, nowhere near as pretentious as you would expect (his groupies, though, that's a different story). Personally I prefer his comics work, but he's a fantastic storyteller all around and it's easy to get excited about any project he's involved with. Not sure why TA hasn't covered Wayward Manor yet.

BTW one of my favorite things he's ever done is the English translation of Princess Mononoke. Gaiman is a huge Miyazaki fan.
07-27-2013, 09:19 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I've actually met him a couple of times -- he's an acquaintance of my best friend. Nice, down-to-earth guy, nowhere near as pretentious as you would expect (his groupies, though, that's a different story). Personally I prefer his comics work, but he's a fantastic storyteller all around and it's easy to get excited about any project he's involved with. Not sure why TA hasn't covered Wayward Manor yet.

BTW one of my favorite things he's ever done is the English translation of Princess Mononoke. Gaiman is a huge Miyazaki fan.
Wow that's nice..I met him once when he visited my country(if you could call an autograph signing as an act of meeting,hehe)..He signed 2 of my sandman graphic novels...The line though was insane!!It reached the train terminal from the mall..It was also cool that he had an interview on a now demised rock radio station(NU I miss you)..

Anyway on the matter of his writing prowess..Most of the enthusiasts including myself thought that his works after sandman was not on the same caliber..Though the novels are still brilliant,the magic was not quite there anymore...

Btw his collaboration with yoshitaka amano on dream hunters was absolutely fantastic...A dream come true...

I also wish this will be a successful venture for him because I want him to get involved with more games to come..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"

Last edited by Alister; 07-27-2013 at 09:24 AM.
07-29-2013, 11:58 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,176
Another episodic game that will keep me wanting the next episodes.

Stargate SG-1 Unleashed, Jacob Jones, Spiral and now this!

Excited, I am.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-30-2013, 08:58 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,542
While we're on the subject of all things Gaimanesque, here's one of the best moments from Stardust:


Youtube link | Pop Up

Can't hug every cat.
07-30-2013, 09:48 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
While we're on the subject of all things Gaimanesque, here's one of the best moments from Stardust:

YouTube: video
Oh my goodness,although some who liked the book did'nt mind this but I most certainly do....I really didn't like the movie...


Stardust should have been a mini- series done by HBO like the upcoming American gods...

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"