Upcoming novelty / game, "Bug Mug"!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by matt.johnson.mobile, Sep 28, 2009.

1. matt.johnson.mobile

matt.johnson.mobile Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    #1 matt.johnson.mobile, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have all been there... a perfect afternoon on the patio, an ice cold beer in a frosted mug just waiting for our consumption. Then. That buzz. Your perfect moment ruined by that annoying winged spawn know as "the fly".

Bug Mug is a new entertainment novelty / game that will allow you to extract your revenge on these pests! I am currently in Alpha and looking for any feedback/thoughts that the TA community may have regarding this concept. Here is a run down of the basic premise:

→ You goal is simple... to keep flies off and out of your glass of beer. Tapping a fly in flight will earn you the most points. Flys will get progressively faster and land on both the face of the glass and on the head of the beer. Once a fly touches the glass, your "Funk-O-Meter" starts to rise and the beer starts to turn green. Get the flies off the glass and foam by shooing them (swiping) with your finger. If you tap a fly on the glass or the head, it will create quite a mess and raise the funk-o-meter even more. You can tap the lime to drop it off the glass and attract all the flies for consolidated killing.

→ Designs for future versions with ants, mosquitos, beetles, etc.

→ Very realistic look and feel. Lifelike flys, beer, bubbles, limes, etc.

→ Humorous sounds, splats, burps, screams, etc.

→ Progressively faster and smarter flies.

Let me know your thoughts and how you feel an app like this will do in the store.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Very cool idea, but I think you should make an option for Coke for the younger gamers... ;)

3. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    I love the "FPS" at the bottom. Because an app like this better have some awesome FPS or else!

4. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Ya... the original design for the game came from my 8 year old... defending flies from your iced tea. I have promised him (if successful) that there will be a future version with coke/tea... but to quote Alannis, first their has to be a "black fly in my chardonnay" :)

MJ

5. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Sorry... I'm an optimization freak.

MJ

6. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Added Alpha video link to top of thread. No scoring or "Funk-O-Meter" functionality yet, but you can squash the lil buggers now :).

Matt