Your thoughts on BIA 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Athlos, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I kinda feel like it's lacking, it feels very generic and the sounds in the game are pretty simple and boring. It's hard to get the feel of an actual WWII game out of it and it pales in comparison to the quality of the other WWII game, nazi zombies. With world at war being considered for the iphone and ipod touch, how do you think they will compare, and what are your oppinions on Brothers in Arms 2? I happen to think it's all just dazzling visuals with not much to game play to back it up.

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I bought BIA 2, but havent played it :p

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    How is it "lacking"?
    Why didn't you post this on the main thread instead of creating a new one?

4. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Because, I thought it was closed o_O ...
    Anyways, I would think it would be easier to respond to in a new thread.

About lacking, I think it's poorly conceived AI and simplistic and non-realistic sound effects are what makes it lacking. I'm more on game play than graphics though so that's why I think this, and I believe good sound effects and AI are essential in any good shooter, graphics are a plus, but if these are lacking it can ruin it for me. The game is still pretty decent, however these additions would have made it great.

5. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    I think at this point Gameloft has fallen victim to it's own success. Apart from COD Zombies, BIA2 is being compared to nova and mc s both gameloft games. I think it SP has it's moments and online mp is one of the best right now, 2nd only to cod. I am willing to bet that if you take out the gameloft brand and pretend that this game is developed by an indie team of two,it will received nothing but positive praises.

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well said. I never thought of it like that, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. There will always be people who hate big developers, and no matter what Gameloft does about it, there will always be people hating their games.

7. soupbandit

soupbandit Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    student
    What did you expect for $11 COD642342424?

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Gameloft needs to find a new genre to develop games for. I think 3 FPSs are enough.

9. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    IMO, this game is awful. I mean it's fun, but it's not something I can see me playing on an airplane or even on the crapper. it's nothing against gameloft, just the game tried to be so much better but lacked so much

10. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    How can a game be awful and fun? I thought fun was kind of the whole point of gaming.