Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
That is weird. I played at the weekend with my SteelSeries and thought it played magnificently.
You know what it is. The dual analogs aren't really 360, they are just 8 direction like icade. The movement seems much smoother on touch, and on other games with dual analogs. Guess it is like digital controls on analog. Would like it to be the harder you press on analog, the farther moved, etc. So to me, this game feels clicky, not analog smooth.

Don't know if this could be done, but would be great if possible. Thanks radiangames.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:56 AM

The first time I loaded this up, it felt sort of... the same. I have played the previous titles to death, and there is no doubt that the pedigree is shared to say the least. I didn't know how to feel about it, I wasn't disappointed - just kinda flat.

A couple of weeks later, I have loaded it up again. I tried the challenges this time. This time, I really found myself getting into it. There really is a Geometry Wars 2 feel to this game, in a good way. The controls are spot on as usual, not an easy task with onscreen stuff. The engine is crazy impressive, the framerate is amazing when using seeker shots - there is no doubt that very few games can claim this level of performance.

It is amusing that someone mentioned in this thread about their fingers 'drying out' and being unable to play the game for long. Dual stick shooters are the worst of the worst when it comes to this, where the same digits (usually your thumbs) are on the same spot on the screen. What happens is that the natural oils of your skin 'run out', and yeah when this takes place it is simply impossible to keep playing. I have tried various ways to 'replenish' this oil on the fly, and while it would likely work to use some kind of lube or oil on the screen itself, no one wants to do that (get your mind out of the gutter). I'm honestly surprised that I haven't heard more about this issue, an issue that definitely pops up whenever a damned good dual stick shooter comes along.

"Joy-Joy, so good your thumb oil will run out."
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for the update. I like being able to set auto aim/fire to fire-only, and having the weapon name displayed.

I noticed the game still won't save my custom controls layout though. If I change the control positions, it works as long as the app is running, but if the app gets booted from memory, then the next time it starts the control positions are back to their defaults. I'm on an iPad 4 running iOS 7.1.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post

It is amusing that someone mentioned in this thread about their fingers 'drying out' and being unable to play the game for long. Dual stick shooters are the worst of the worst when it comes to this, where the same digits (usually your thumbs) are on the same spot on the screen. What happens is that the natural oils of your skin 'run out', and yeah when this takes place it is simply impossible to keep playing. I have tried various ways to 'replenish' this oil on the fly, and while it would likely work to use some kind of lube or oil on the screen itself, no one wants to do that (get your mind out of the gutter). I'm honestly surprised that I haven't heard more about this issue, an issue that definitely pops up whenever a damned good dual stick shooter comes along.

"Joy-Joy, so good your thumb oil will run out."
That's absurd, there is still plenty of oil down there but you might need to just drill down a little deeper or perhaps frack it out (both of which methods are admittedly a bit painful...at first).