iPhone Game of Watchcraft: Spawn of Squishy - Launch+Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BillyT, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Game of Watchcraft: Spawn of Squishy is a retro take on a modern RPG. Think Donkey Kong with grinding and questing. To celebrate the launch on the 14th of August, we have 10 promo codes to give to touch arcade members. Just email [email protected] and we will reply with the code. Please note that the game is currently just available for iPad.

--------
    More details:

It’s everyone’s favourite MMO reimagined as a 1980’s LCD games console!

Complete quests! Fight the boss! Level up! Complete more quests! Fight the boss again! Did we mention that you level up?

Game of Watchcraft is the new gaming sensation sweeping the nation. Gamers are losing hours, weeks, spouses and careers, enthralled by its deep world, immersive graphics and repetitive action.

Can you survive its addictive appeal?

KEY FEATURES

** BRAND NEW, YOU’RE RETRO **
    Old meets new in an epic reimagining of modern day gaming filtered through the limitations of decades old hardware.

[​IMG]

** EPIC QUEST FOR GLORY **
    Take on the role of Squishy, a priest with a never-ending mission to collect stuff, kill innocent goblins and fight creatures substantially bigger than him.

[​IMG]

** NEXT GENERATION PORTABLE GAMING **
    Four enemy types! Four quests! Ten colours! That’s double-digit colours people!

** IMMERSIVE AUDIO **
    Almost a whole octave of tones were used in composing this compelling soundtrack. You’ll believe you’re really in a fantastical world.

** RESPONSIVE CONTROLS **
    A silky smooth virtual d-pad like you’ve never seen before.

** COMPETE AGAINST FRIENDS **
    Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements.

[​IMG]

LCDemakes: Great games reimagined for the original portable games machine

Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/lcdemakes
    Find us on facebook at facebook.com/lcdemakes

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^A friend of mine has been posting something that looks really similar to that one. Is it out on a different platform? He said he was addicted to it, so im really interested in this one.

Sent my email. Thanks!

3. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    It's been out in Australia for a few weeks, and we have been giving codes to testers, so it may well be the one your friend is playing. Code on its way - hope you like it.

Bill

4. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    I was lucky enough to get an early release, and its a sweet game. Highly recommended, especially if your a fan of the old liquid quartz watch style games of the past.

5. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    thanks waderain! Glad you enjoyed it.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Email sent. :cool:

7. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #7 BillyT, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Your code has been sent! I don't really understand the quote in your post, but squids are awesome and delicious.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #8 psj3809, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Love the look of this ! Have 2 folders of old LCD style remakes, hope this can go universal at some stage but granted with all the small graphics it might be tricky.

A great idea, cant wait to try it. Look forward to future games. Its a great idea, taking current games and trying to do an old LCD version of them. I've seen something a bit similar with 'new games' re-imagined as an old Atari game (box art) which looks really good.

But yeah love the idea, i've got a lot of old game n watch remakes (Just search for LCD on the app store, a lot of great ones) but never seen on the app store this idea of taking a current game and making it 'old'.

But please where possible could they be universal ?!

9. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    thanks for the feedback - I hope it lives up to your expectations.

We have thought about a few ways we might be able to port this phones and ipods, but I think it is more likely that we will make some single screen "demakes" for those devices.

btw, next update has iCade support - see attached.

Attached Files:

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Big thanks to Billy for the promo code. Been playing it and doing the missions, its great. Does exactly what it says on the tin ! Its like a late 1970's version of World of Warcraft, 'collect x treasure chests' or 'kill x goblins' missions etc.

Works really well, can understand this one wont be universal due to the dual screen and graphics etc. He did mention some future games might be single screen affairs which will be universal.

But loving the game, icade support would be the icing on the cake as well ! A great game

11. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    glad you're enjoying it! Thanks again for the feedback.

12. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Wrote to the devs and waiting for a promo code, i'm already in love watching the trailer...this looks a serious production and for sure the team deserves attention,every detail seems to be at the state of the art from design to presentation...now i need only to try it!!:D

PS

THANX PSJ, this is a pretty fantastic catch!!!:eek:

13. BillyT

BillyT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    thanks Dexter. We put a lot of time into some little touches that retro gamers will appreciate. Some of them are subtle but I don't want to spoil the surprise! We really tried to adhere to the design limitations of those games but still get enough gameplay in there to keep it interesting.

I've replied to all promo code requests so if you haven't received yours yet maybe drop me another line.

Thanks again

14. dexter77

Jan 15, 2011
    Your welcome dude and yes, received and tested!
    Trust me, you found one of the most original idea on the entire store for what concern handheld games, i'm simply amazed, GoW has already earned a permanent place on my iPad, i bought every kind of title related to the game&watch series but this one is without reserves the state of the art, i'm not giving free compliments, it really is!
    PSJ told me that more is coming, at this point i can't wait to see what's next,
    i'm very pleased to follow a clever team as yours and between the impressive amount of developers that spin around the store i can state for sure that you make the difference!!

15. dexter77

Jan 15, 2011
    HEY PSJ!!
    As part of the TA stuff you must to push for a review, this game is truly the real deal, if genuine products like this don't receive the right attention, well, i can't imagine who should receive it!

PUSH DUDE, PUSH!!:D

16. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    What is the price point of this game? After looking at this week's entries this might be the sole purchase from me come tomorrow evening!

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Got a promo yesterday and it's pretty solid. The game 'n' watch vibe is definitely there, and the missions integrated is what gave this the muscle on the game 'n watch framework.

As far as visuals go, pixel-art is the common thing, but here it's all about LCD artstyle, and it's done pretty well.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've been a beta tester on this one for a while and it's a damn fantastic LCD game, all ill say is touch the LCD part of the screen :D

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    iCade support will be most welcome! :D

20. dexter77

Jan 15, 2011
    ...still playing and it's damn addictive!