I need a new addiction.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by [M&B]Games, May 17, 2013.

1. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Hey guy,
    So over the years I have played way too many iOS games to count. I started back in 2008 and have spent over $5000 if that tells you anything. I love games that keep me coming back and aren't tedious. I liked city building games for a little bit, but I just can't get myself to play them. I love all games by Nimble Bit, but I've already played them al to death (with the exception of Nimble Quest, but I'm working on it!). So, I am in need of a new addiction. I come to you guys asking for one. I do not want city building please. I love games in portrait mode because I can use my thumb and one hand, this is why Tiny Tower was so amazing to me. If it had push notifications to remind me to come back to play that would be nice, as long as it isn't like Tamogotchi and the game itself is worth coming back to. So please, let me know! I am out of school for the summer and I'm bored!

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I don't know if it's your type of game, but I'm currently dangerously addicted to WazHack, a side scrolling roguelike, to the point where I'm looking for a WazHack addicts support group. It's really bad. I just can't stop, I don't play other games, I barely eat or sleep. I need help.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried Bar Oasis? It's like a more mature version of diner dash.

Kairosoft games are pretty solid too.

I also recommend Puzzle Craft. Match-3 with town building strategy mechanics.

4. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    Brogue. There is a great free port of it for the iPad but I find it easier on my old eyes to play it on my Mac. It's free and it may be the game you are looking for. I've bought hundreds and hundreds of games the last years looking for a game like this. (How fortunate we are to be able to exercise and thus determine our desires eh?)

https://sites.google.com/site/broguegame/

Make sure you check out the Brogue wiki and the Brogue forum to get some idea of how elegant and deep and crazy this game is.

Here's an example of a forum post that yesterday caught my eye:
    http://brogue.createforumhosting.com/the-bloat-challenge-t399.html

5. [M&B]Games

Jan 7, 2012
    Love Kairosoft games. Puzzle Craft was great. Haven't tried Bar Oasis, but I'm not a huge fan of the Diner Dash type games.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sorry... Diner Dash is a very vague comparison.

Basically, in Bar Oasis, you play it in first person... You mix drinks and flirt with people. The narrative and the whole story's pretty decent. Feels more like an adventure game rather than a management game.

7. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    You sound exactly like me, until I found growtopia.
    Now I don't even bother with city builders and I barely check TA because I already have everything I need at growtopia.
    It's free, just try it. It's not your typical freemium, I promise.
    The developers are the most respectful people I've ever met.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Sid Meier's Ace Patrol is a free download...

9. [M&B]Games

Jan 7, 2012
    Unfortunately non of these games are what I'm looking for. I'd love a game similar to how Tiny Tower is, but obviously not a clone or a remake.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I hear meth is pretty addicting...

11. shadowhawkx

shadowhawkx Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Have you tried Dungelot? Great roguelike and its on portrait mode. Check it out if u haven't yet!:cool::D

12. LarryC

LarryC Member

May 8, 2013
    student
    London
    Chooz Who is addictive! It is basically Guess Who, but with your facebook friends and famous people. It is free in the app store.