Star Pigs-an unique 3D space combat card game is coming to Ipad/iphone next week!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BarbilyGame, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    #21 grenadedodger, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    That post makes the whole game far more understandable now! :) Any chance of a bit more info on the upgrading section?

nb I can email, post on another forum or PM questions to you if you prefer?

2. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Thank you for the promo code!

I haven't had a lot of time to play it, yet (fortunately the weekend is almost here!) but I've completed the tutorials and leveled up a couple of times, so I'm starting to get a good sense of the game.

So far, I'm really enjoying it! You start to realize strategy is involved early on and it almost feels like a game of chess as you carefully choose which type of ship to place on which hex and where. It was great seeing how the different types of ships respond in battle and you quickly learn to vary the order of ships you place around the hexes. (I do wish the battles had audio, however, so maybe at some point that might get added?)

Seems like there is a lot to discover - lots of cards with different types of ships become available; ability to do upgrades; missions; plus other battles - so it should keep things interesting for a while, yet - - I look forward to spending more time with it soon!

(Note: so far I've only played it on the iPad, so not sure how legible some of the fonts will be on the smaller phone screens, but the tablet experience is good!)

3. grenadedodger

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    @Barbily - is the store active? I just tried to buy some Dark Matter and it went through fine up until after I had entered my Apple password but froze after that? Obviously don't know if the transaction has gone through yet but I know the Dark Matter isn't showing on my account? :confused:

4. BarbilyGame

BarbilyGame Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Store is not active until the game is released onto the appstore. Just as a reward for trying to pay us...(uhum, not obligatory as the whole game can be played for free, but always a nice thing to get rewarded for your work) I will ask the dev to give you some dark matter on your account (please pm me your username)

ps the transaction won't have gone through yet, so in fact you won't get that billing message from appstore.:rolleyes:

5. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    #25 BarbilyGame, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Glad to hear my explanation for the battle mechanics is useful. I will see to produce another one on the design your unique 3D spaceships soon!

In summary, you can own pig coins through: winning battles, steal from another player ('Stealth Raid'), build amazing fleets that others want to hire (become the mercenary) These pig coins can be used in upgrading your ships, buy a new type of weapon/chassis. Both ships and weapon's stats can be upgraded too using pig coins.

Welcome to post more feedbacks, you can shape the game to be better before it is actually released!

6. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks and really glad our game is providing enjoyment Point taken: will think about adding music in the battle

7. grenadedodger

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Enjoying the challenge of this, oh and got the dark matter so thanks. Think I've found a bug, when I lose some battles it is taking me back to the how to upgrade your pilots tutorial, resets the pilot level to 1 and forces you to spend 1500 to upgrade. Not game breaking but irritating. Oh and the strike wing maxed out and using missiles are beastly! :)

8. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    When is this game out ! I thought it was supposed to be this Thursday ? I'd really love to play it .

9. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Oh wow this does look amazing. Like the previous poster, will this be a standard Thursday release? I don't want to miss it.

10. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Found and fixed! :) Keep more coming, we are in the fixing mood!

Also a new version will be submitted to apple for review tonight

11. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    We are taking some player feedbacks into account, and improve the game before releasing it.

Sorry for the confusion. Meanwhile, I've pm'ed you a promo code, hope you enjoy the game!

12. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    @Tinsel Thanks, we are submitted a new version to apple tonight, hopefully it will be released on a Thursday in the next week or two.

I've pm'ed you a promo code. Hope you enjoy the game!

13. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
  14. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    And we've added more info on the Ship Design section!

http://www.starpigs.com/Guide/shipdesign.html

15. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Thanks a bunch ! :)

16. thiefwriter

thiefwriter Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    This looks beautiful. Will it run on iPod 4g?

17. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks for the interest! Currently we designed it to support ipad and iphone. We might add Ipod in the future. If you want a promo code to try or get the news when it comes to Ipod, please like our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BarbilyGame
    or follow us on Twitter @Star_Pigs_App to get the updated information!

18. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    I'm glad to announce that Star Pigs is now available in the app store!

[​IMG]

Give it a try and share your ship design here!